Let's Destroy Some Ooze- Part 5

(Ryans POV)

Mark and I walked back into the house last night after 4am, and the drive home was dead silent. I don't think either of us knew what to say to each other, but I didn't know what to say, and it was more than likely Mark just didn't want to talk to me. As soon as I got to my room I rushed to my window, why I thought Dakotas window would be open, I don't know, but of course it was closed, so were the blinds. All I could do was go to sleep until the next day, when we planned to meet back at the robot to try and figure out what else to do. I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling and as I rolled over to go to sleep, and my eyes met Dakotas Mech-link, which I had brought home from the robot, that was now sitting on my bedside table. That just made me feel even worse.

(Dakotas POV)

I barely slept that night, and it didn't help that Kendall didn't leave my room until close to 3am. I was off and on sleeping all night, and when I woke up at seven in the morning, I didn't even try to go back to sleep. I just got up, told myself I was going to get my crap together, and all I did was brush my hair and then I gave up. I took a pillow from the head of my bed and put it at the foot of my bed and laid my head down on it looking up at the circle cork board above the head of my bead. A board that I had made, before we had even came to Bay City, it had been filled with the two things I loved most in the world. My sister and skating. Over time it became three things, my sister, skating, and the team. A lot of the pictures were just of me and a Ryan, and with every picture I stared at I could remember the exact second that picture was taken. 

A/N see picture at top of chapter😉 

My two favorites had always been the one that was of me and Ryan on a park bench with our heads resting on each of our skateboards, and the group selfie of all 5 of us outside Donut King.

"How long have you been staring at that board?" I heard Kendall's voice say from my door way. 

"Oh, ah, um I don't know, not long." I glanced at my phone as I sat up from my pillow. It was 8:00, it had been at least 45 minutes. "I stand corrected."

"How long has it been?" She laughed.

"Like 45 minutes." I said. She laughed again. "Not funny." I laid back down grumbling. She walked over and leaned over me from the foot of my bed.

"You going to be okay for a little bit by yourself? I can't miss work today." She asked.

"I'll be alright." I said. "I don't plan on leaving this room."

"You mean today." She corrected. "But tomorrow," 

"Yes I know, I know. No need to remind me of the 24 hour rule." I said.

"That's my girl, tomorrows a new day, you know that!" She said turning towards the stairs. 

"Yup!" I called back laying down on the pillow. Ah the 24 hour rule. Something my sister lives by. Basically you have 24 hours to be sad when something bad happens, and after the 24 hours are up you gotta get your life together. To be honest, it usually works.

—————

(Ryans POV)

We were in the X-deck somewhat early in the morning, all sitting on the couch in the X-deck watching the news broadcast on what happened last night.

"And in act of cowardliness, Mech-X4 fled the scene." Godfrey, the news reporter which all of us hate said. "I always said that things was dangerous, so the lesson is. I'm always right." I shook my head as I flipped the channel to a live press conference with Seth Harper.

"I was one of Mech-X4s biggest supporters, and I was wrong." That lying, deceiving piece of trash said. "For that I am sorry, Now I don't know what the substance under the school is, but I have met with the mayor, and I promise you I will remove it, and I will, rebuild Bay City High. Go Llamas!" I had enough and turned off the Tv.