Let's Go Clubbing - Part 1

[Dakotas POV]

"So instead of figuring out how to get to Leo, you've been working on a science fair project?" Ryans asked Harris who was busy showing off this electric glowing ball, I don't really know what it is.

"First, it's the final selection for the Harper Grant. Not a science fair, respect the game. And I'm doing both at the same time. Check this out the power amplifier I created, it can manipulate any kind of power source from any distance." Harris explained, "increase, decrease, what ever you want, so I win the Harper grant with this bad boy, use Harpers tech to miniature all of this into a wrist band. Patent, make it rain. I marry Selena Gomez."

"Quick question." I raised my hand. "When do we find Leo in that crazy plan of yours?"

"Using everything I'd have at my disposal at Harper Futuristics? Five minutes after I walk in there." Harris said as Mark walked in.

"And is you need a caterer for your wedding, I know a guy." I nod.

"Yeah but first, before all that, I gotta find tech to give Mech-X4 a submarine mode." Mark said grabbing his tool belt. 

"Oh yeah, I also designed a sub mode, all these parts will be at Mech-X3." Harris handed Mark a list.

"Which is where I'll be if you need me." Mark said. "And uh good luck at your, Uh, nerd off."

"It's not a competition and even if it was, all I need to do is be the biggest brain in the room."

—————

We helped Harris take his stuff to the school and set it up, he was set up next to a fellow Bay City High student. They clearly had something going on, so Spyder, Ryan and I watched from afar.

"Well, how is the second smartest kid in Bay City doing?" The girl asked Harris.

"Totally a competition." Ryan added.

"Second smartest?" Harris questioned. "I'd say last years chess championship says other wise Veracity." Huh. So this is Veracity Campbell. Harris has spoken the name once, twice or every other day.

"Yeah, but I won the year before so technically we're tied, hair-bear." She said. Wow. I think this girl and I would be good friends.

"Well, Mark was right, it's a nerd-off run, Run! Run!" Spyder and Ryan ran for the door, I quickly followed them out after laughing at them. When I caught up with the two of them we were walking around school and Ryan said,

"Ugh! I'm so tired of this waiting. We're so close to getting that Leo guy." 

"Trust me, I feel you." I added.

"Guys be patient." Spyder said.

"Huh, weird." Ryan pointed down the hallway.

"Yeah, me telling someone to be patient, is like a shark telling somebody not to go swimming." Spyder grinned as I saw what Ryan was pointing at.

"No, no I mean that. Is that supposed to be Mech-X4" a student walked down the hallway in a cardboard box costume painted to look like Mech-X4.

"Weird," Spyder and I said at the same time. The student turned to walk in to a classroom but got stuck on part of his costume. I tried not to laugh while Ryan went to help him.

"Yeah, C'mon." We both followed him over to the student stuck in the door frame. "Hey, hey buddy." He pulled him pack and turned him side ways so he could fit in the door.

"Woah." I said, looking in the door.

"A mech-X4 fan club?" Ryan wonders.

"Fans? Hey do you think we'd get groupies if they know who the pilots were." I smacked his hat over his face to shut him up. Ryan jumped in and said,