Let's be idiots - Part 1

[Ryans POV]

It had been a few weeks since the whole showdown at Harpers, and it was extremely awkward with my mom dating Seth Harper, but I was a little more open minded than Mark. I was actually trying, Mark was not.

We were all at the robot and Dakota and I had just come back from a skateboarding trip downtown. It's better now compared to a month ago. A month ago it was still hard for me to get through a conversation with her because I still got a little starstruck. It better now since we've become way better friends, and she's more well known around town so less and less people stop her and ask for pictures. 

We were walking back in to the X-deck and my mind just started to race with flashbacks of our last fights, extremely vivid flashbacks. It seemed everyone was talking at once and every sound just set of another flashback.

"Would everyone shut it for like three seconds!" I yelled.

"Are you okay?" Mark asked.

"Yeah, I don't, uh, I don't know, sorry I have all these people depending on me, and I've been having all these flashbacks, I have to go from zero to like, kicking monster butt in like six seconds." I ranted. 

"Me too." Dakota said from the couch. "Not exactly flash backs, just, really vivid nightmares."

"Feeling the pressure eh? You know what I do when that happens to me. I do something just for me. Like this weekend, DJ live rats is spinning." Mark said.

"No way you got tickets for that I thought it's sold out!" Spyder asked.

"Dude, I'm Mark Walker." He said confidently. He pulled out his phone and went to call someone when Dakota appeared behind me and said.

"There's no way he's going to get tickets."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Because I already tried to get us all tickets for that and I couldn't even get one, there's no way he's going to get five."

"Dane! Hey you got extra tickets to DJ live rats?" Mark said through his phone. His face drained, "dude why you laughing." And he ran out.

"Ha ha, told you." Dakota laughed hopping back on the couch.

"Hey, Mark might be right about the pressure, you should do something fun, we're you going to sign up for this skateboarding competition?" Harris asked me.

"Yeah I wanted to, but after all the monsters and the conspiracy's, I don't know,"

"We all do things to relax, Mark hangs out, I Invent," Harris said

"And I plan weddings, terrible terrible weddings"

"And you skate, so skate son!" Harris said handing me the tablet.

"Okay okay. Oh! Dakota!" I called out. She looked up from her phone from the couch as I sat down next to her.

"What? What are you trying to rope me into?" She asked, I handed her the tablet. 

"Do you want to sign up with me? You win first, I'll win second?" I asked as she handed the tablet back to me. 

"Did you scroll down?" She asked. I scrolled and saw a picture of her from the Olympics and read the caption out loud. 

"Special guest judge, Olympic medalist Dakota Rose. Okay well that answered my question." I said.

"Don't get me wrong, I really miss competing, but they offered to pay me to judge." She shrugs.

"Let's be honest you'd destroy every person competing." Spyder said. 

"True." I said putting a smile on Dakotas face. "Can you still help me, like prepare for the competition?"