Playlist + "explanations"

Lonely Call- RaeLynn- I thought this song really made me think of how Dakota felt when Ryan becomes more distance and they stop spending so much time together 

If Only- Dove Cameron- the original inspiration for the first name of 'regret' was 'if only' so this has to be on here. And that came from Dakota not being sure about her feelings towards her best friend, as she was questioning if they were even real at times.

I Got you- Erin Kinsey- if you are going to listen to one of these songs make it this one! Erin Kinsey is so talented and this song totally describes the relationship I pictured for Ryan and Dakota as Besties and as a couple!

Flying Solo- Julie and the phantoms- I mean duh this is the song Dakota dedicated to her best friends and eventual boyfriend soooooo, yeah it has to be on here

Jealousy, Jealousy- Olivia Rodrigo- Like others, this seems like how Dakota would feel, specifically towards Yasmin.

Traitor- Olivia Rodrigo- This song literally could not describe Dakotas feelings better when she felt like Ryan was betraying her but he wasn't really but at the same time he was but not intentionally

Try loosing one- Tyler Braden- this song. Y'all I can't. So there is so much on here of how Dakota would feel but THIS SONG IM TELLING YOU! Is what Ryan would be feeling after 'Let's destroy some ooze.' to a T. Like seriously one of the lyrics is "Try living with knowing that you let her down" and then another one is "That hurt in her eyes as she turned around." Like come on! I don't relate much to this song personally but it's SO SAD!

Not like I'm in love with you- Lauren Weintraub- This singer literally wrote a song about being in love with her best friend. This needs no further explanation. Not to mention it's a banger of a song!