Let's Get The Big Bad - Part 1

[Dakotas POV]

The next day before school, Ryan and I lead Grey into the elevator, I honestly I hope this goes well.

"So lets take bets, who's going to throw the first punch, Mark or Spyder?" I ask on the way up. 

"I mean, if you didn't know you were bringing her, I'd say you." He answers. 

"Aww, you know me so well." I laugh. "But we can agree on Mark, right?" 

"Oh, 100%." He nods. We arrived at the control center. "Here we go." I pushed open the door. We stepped out silently together, "Everyone stay calm." Grey slowly stepped out from behind us surveying the scene. And just as we thought, Mark swung and got countered by Grey and hit the floor hard.

"Point us." I smile.

"Harris, you're all ideas why aren't you doing something?" Spyder asked.

"Was I the only one that heard Ryan say stay calm." Harris said. 

"Alright dingus, want to explain why you two brought our enemy here!" Mark said getting to his feet.

"Because we have a much bigger problem, the mastermind behind the monsters. She's going to help us stop him!" Ryan explained. Mark rolled his eyes and Harris asks,

"You don't expect us to trust her do you?" 

"I sure as hell don't." I said, Grey shot a look my way, 

"We have to." Ryan said.

"The leader isn't what you think." Grey said awkwardly putting her arms around the brothers shoulders. "He's actually trying to save the planet from earths greatest threat-"

"Owls, no, no, rats, no! Owls!" Spyder rambled.

"Human beings?" Harris asks.

"Exactly! We pollute, We build bombs, we stampede each other over Christmas sales. Humanity has peaked. So when the leader clears away the unworthy, this place will be paradise for those he believes deserve to survive." Grey explains.

"That's why he keeps sending monsters, that's why we have to stop him." Ryan confirmed.

"That doesn't mean we're going to team up with you, you tried to kill us." Mark protested.

"For once, we have the upper hand, he has no clue that we're working together, just imagine if we can take down her boss, no more monsters." He said.

"I don't know Ry." Spyder hesitated. 

"I'll erase all your detentions." Grey offers, Spyder was automatically hooked.

"Welcome to the team." Mark sighed, giving in and said,

"Okay then, how do we find your boss?" 

"There's the wrinkle. I actually don't know who he is." Grey said.

"Wow, great start." I said sarcastically.

"Okay why do you keep her around?" Grey asks in my direction.

"I ask the same question, almost everyday." Mark says.

"Okay, both of you quit it," Ryan said "I think I have and idea, on how to flush him out." 

"Ha ha! Flush." Spyder laughed

"Yeah this is the team that's beating you. How do you live with your self."

————

We all went to school our separate ways to avoid drawing attention, Spyder ran off to who knows where, Mark was with his jerk friends, Harris ran of to his post, and I waited, pretending to be busy at my locker, outside the office for Ryan, who was inside with Grey recording a message to convince the leader to meet Grey after school. He came out of the office, and stood next to my locker.