019

short and really quickly written

Awkwardness

That's what both Harry and Louis feel when they are sitting next to each other. Zayn is very excited while watching the game and his fiancé Perrie is sitting next to him. They can only see each other outside of the hotel because coach forbad the players to bring their significant other inside the hotel.

"This game is so boring." Perrie sighs. "Liam is killing the others."

"He is." Zayn agrees. "It's a lot easier for them today as it was for us, right Lou?"

"Hm." Louis hums. He feels so uncomfortable with the curly lad next to him. "Probably because they have a lot of people here that care about them and don't just leave in the middle of the game."

Harry bites his cheek and looks away from Louis. Harry got the point, Louis is angry about the fact that Harry left, but there is no need to keep digging at him.

"Yeah he is doing great! I'm so proud of him!" Zayn smiles, not noticing the tension between his two friends.

"It's almost over. I'm glad. Can't wait for the afterparty though." Niall says who is sitting on the other side of Harry. The curly lad didn't have time yet to speak to his best friend, but he really wants to. Because yeah Louis is wrong for kissing Harry, so fucking wrong when he has a girlfriend and for sure as sweet as Eleanor is. But Niall lied to Louis that he was on a date instead of at Louis' game so Harry understand Louis' frustration. He would be hurt as well if Louis left during an event that's important to Harry because of a stupid date...

"Is your stupid little slut coming?" Louis mumbles to Harry and Harry's jaw drops. Is he serious?

"Is that the first thing you say to me?" Harry snaps. "Really, Louis? Why don't you just worry about your girlfriend?"

"My girlfriend stayed till the end of my game at least."

"That's the final whistle, guys. Let's go downstairs." Zayn claps in his hands and he excitedly leaves the VIP area. Louis stands up and bumps his shoulder into Harry's, not saying another word anymore. Harry just gives Louis a sad stare, his heart hurts so much. He never knew that leaving that game would have such an impact on their friendship. If he knew it would hurt Louis so much, he would have stayed. Their situation is killing Harry.

--

"Who wants another shot?" Liam asks while holding the bottle of Jägermeister.

"Yes please!" Louis grabs the bottle out of Liam's grip and puts it on his lips.

"Louis, not too much mate. Coach will kill you tomorrow if he finds out you drank."

"Don't really care." Louis laughs. "Let's have fun for once yeah."

"Louis, you shouldn't..." Harry says, carefully removing the bottle from his hands. "You've come so far, don't ruin it because of some alcohol." Harry feels the need to look after the smaller football player. It's his mistake that Louis feels like shit, just like it's Louis' mistake that Harry feels like that.

"No, give me the bottle back." Louis wants to grab the bottle again and Harry refuses to give it back. They are fighting for the bottle until they drop it on the floor.

"Oh, great guys." Liam rolls his eyes. "Z, you call room service for a new bottle? I'll quickly clean this up."

Harry and Louis both feel embarrassed and Harry helps his brother to clean up the mess they made while Louis just takes place on the bed.

"I'll take it." He says when someone knocks on the door. And really anyone was better to open the door than Louis, literally anyone. Because there is Diego, holding a bottle of strong liquor.

"Hey Harry, it's your boy toy!" Louis screams while grabbing the bottle out of Diego's hands. "You can go now." He turns again to the bell boy in front of him. "You're not needed." Louis slams the door in Diego's face and everybody watches both Harry and Louis.

"Your boy toy?" Liam abruptly turns to his brother with an angry glare. "Are you messing around with that boy, Harry?"

"What? No I..."

"Oh, don't lie Styles." Louis rolls his eyes and opens the bottle with his teeth before taking a sip. "You even ditched my game to mess around with that dude."

Niall's eyes grow wide and his jaw drops on the floor.

"Stop saying that!" Harry shouts. "It's not like that!"

"Oh isn't it? Well Niall..." Louis raises his eyebrow. "told me something else. I don't see why your best friend would lie about that."

"Party is over." Liam's voice is stern. "Harry, you stay here though. Everyone else, get out of my room."

"Liam, you shouldn't..." Niall says. "Harry isn't messing around with that boy. I was just joking with Louis, kind of a prank. Harry wasn't out, he was in the room."

Louis' jaw drops and he looks from Niall to Harry who is already watching him, barely listening to what Niall says.

"You shouldn't stop the party, Li. It's a misunderstanding, really." Niall says. "Let's drink, yeah?"

And Louis breaks eye contact and puts the bottle on his lips again after saying:

"Yeah, let's drink."