Chapter One

Castiel fought the demons to get Dean out of hell. They had to save him. He was the only one who could save the world, so God sent him one of the best soldiers to save his soul from hell, and Castiel did. He yanked him from the depths of hell. The demons put up a good fight, and there was Dean in his body, trying to breathe, rasping for help and crawling his way to freedom and some bit of fresh air. Four months in a coffin with no water can do that to you. Not that he was complaining because, Holy shit! He was alive. Dean dug himself out of the coffin and walked to the nearest station. He needed food, water, money, and a car so he could go to Bobby's. There were a lot of questions running through his mind, but the biggest one was 'what the fuck!' How was he still alive, and what had his damn ass brother done to bring him back?

Dean took what he needed, but before he left the station, he felt a presence, a very powerful one. It left goosebumps on his skin, and he was never one to ignore signs of the supernatural. For all he knew, that could be a ghost. He ran for the salt, but before he could do anything, a high-pitched voice burst through the station loud enough to break glasses and cause a mini earthquake. Whatever this was, it was no joke; he had to get the hell out of there. He found a car outside, hotwired it, and then drove like crazy to Bobby's.

Bobby was miserable. Dean had only been dead for four months, and he felt heavier than ever. His comfort was always at the bottom of a bottle. At least when drunk, his mind was too unfocused to keep track of his grief or, worst of all, the grief of Sam. He was sure wherever he was, he was worse off than him. Sam needed his brother. They were connected like twins; it was like they shared a soul. Bobby felt for the man, but he didn't know what to do or even how to reach him. When Bobby heard the knock on the door, the last thing he imagined to see was a very much alive Dean. But the first thing on his mind was 'what monstrosity is this?' Hadn't Lilith done enough by tearing Dean's body to shreds and dragging him to hell? She now sent shapeshifters after him, wearing Dean's face. What the fuck is wrong with that demon? The irony to that question be damned.