Chapter Twenty one

"Let's unpack."

"Why are we here, and why does my body hurt so much?" Sam asked as he got out of the car. All he remembered was seeing Castiel's face before he passed out.

"Well, you went drinking. Cass found you and fixed you right up. You are as good as new." That's all Dean could manage to say. He was so angry at Sam at the present moment. Sam had lied to him, risked his own life like it was nothing. He couldn't deal with him. He took in the bags and went to set them up in his dad's room; he needed the space because of Castiel.

Sam knew he had messed up. His brother wouldn't look at him the whole time they were there, and it had been hours. Sam decided to go to the store to collect some groceries to prepare dinner. He also looked for the best quality pie and a pack of beers. A hungry Dean was even worse; this might bribe his brother long enough for Dean to open up about what happened.

Dean thought that chopping wood for the fireplace would make him feel better. It didn't. He went into the house for a shower, but something came over him, and he smashed the bedroom mirror with his fist, and he kept doing it until his knuckles bled. Dean preferred being angry than hurt; guess it was just easier to break things from the outside as opposed to feeling broken from the inside and feeling hopeless over it. He then sat in the bathtub fully clothed with the shower on. He didn't know for how long he sat there; he just felt it when someone shook him. He didn't even notice the shower had been turned off.

"Dean, what's wrong? Look at me." When he did, Dean was met with the most beautiful blue eyes he had ever seen. "He lied, Sam. He could have gotten himself killed or worse, lost his damn soul. Does he not get that?" Cass had never seen Dean this broken, this sad. He got him out of the bathtub and into dry clothes, then healed his wound and tucked him in bed naked. That was Dean; he didn't like sleeping with his clothes.