Chapter Nine

"Dean didn't know for how long he was on the floor in Castiel's arms; all he knew was it felt right being there, especially when he stroked his hair and gently rocked him. 'It's okay, Dean; all will be well,' Cass kept telling him.

Dean turned in Castiel's arms and stared into his eyes. Those ocean blue eyes that hide the secrets of the universe, and with no warning, he smashed his lips into his and kissed the hell out of him. He didn't hold back, and neither did Castiel. Castiel grabbed a fistful of Dean's hair as he kissed him, pulling Dean closer until they were breathing each other's air.

'We can't, Dean, not when you're like this and certainly not when I don't even understand the concept of feelings,' Castiel said as he gently untangled himself from Dean.

Dean knew he was right, but...'Wait, what do you mean you don't understand the concept of feelings?' Dean asked.

'Haven't you read the Bible? Angels are soldiers; we don't feel, eat, or sleep. We don't even get sick. It surprised me when you hugged me, and I felt something. That's why I flew away. I went to think, to try and analyze what I was feeling. I still don't know how and why this is happening. What I understand, though, is that it's connected to you,' Castiel declared.

'Okay, we'll take whatever this is slow, but I make no promises of not kissing you. One kiss, and I'm already addicted to those lips,' Dean winked and got up and headed for the bathroom; he needed a cold shower. When he came back, Castiel was lying in bed. 'I know you have questions, Dean, so ask.'"