Chapter Five

"Dean didn't know what it was, maybe it was the defeated look in Castiel's eyes when he talked of his lost siblings or the doomsday part. He didn't know which was which. All he knew was that he felt this through the clog in his throat and a burning desire to shield Castiel from the pain. At least that's what he told himself when he took Cass in his arms and hugged the hell out of him. He was the only guy to call him out on his shit, and that made Castiel look so sexy in Dean's eyes. Yeah, that would explain the hard-on he had currently.

Castiel, after the hug, pulled back and looked into Dean's eyes intensely. It was like he was trying to figure Dean out and understand his intentions when he hugged him. But what made him more curious were the strange feelings he had during the hug. First of all, angels were never supposed to have feelings, not because they were forbidden but because they just couldn't feel anything. They were created to be the perfect soldiers, meaning they never ate, slept, or even had feelings. They were just directed into the places where they needed to cause chaos or salvation. So when Castiel felt something after that hug, it wasn't a surprise he flew out of there as fast as he could, leaving a confused Dean standing in the kitchen alone.

Dean woke up a few hours later with a startle. His brother was drinking coffee on the couch while reading the newspaper. Was it all a dream, or did last night happen? Dean wondered, and his morning wood wasn't helping since it couldn't tell who was who or much less what was the reason. Was it biology or just sexual tension that was building up for Cass or just the weirdest dream, which happened to feel very real?"