Chapter Four

"Angels, freaking angels, Sam. What else, fairies, are real too?" Dean wasn't having it. It felt like he was tripping, from last night; how could an angel be real, much less save him from hell?

"It is not that hard to believe, Dean. What else could do this? There were earthquakes when he showed up; how else do you explain that?" Sam tried to rationalize. "Bobby, help me out here, man."

"It's true, Dean. As far as history goes, angels can drag a soul out of hell." Dean felt defeated. "Damn! Okay, then. I don't truly believe this shit, but okay."

Bobby called his friend, Olivia, to inform her about the good news, but she wasn't answering. He requested Sam and Dean to help him go investigate, and when they reached there, she was already dead. Bobby was hurt and broken since she was a hunter and a good friend. Eventually, they found out who did it, and it proved more difficult to kill them since they kept appearing in the form of people they regretted killing or letting die. Dean almost had his heart ripped out of his chest. Eventually, they defeated the damn things and went home.

When Dean was asleep, he felt a strange presence and woke up; it was Castiel. "I thought angels were supposed to protect. Where the hell have you been the whole day? I almost had my heart ripped out of my chest," Dean bellowed first. He was having a hard time believing angels were real; then he was almost killed in the same week he was rescued from hell. Dean didn't mean to blow up on the angel, or maybe he did. All he knew was he was scared, but it was easier to get mad than be crippled by fear.

"You didn't, and that's all that matters. Besides, I'm an angel, not your bodyguard. I am not here to heal your paper cuts, Dean. I know you lost twenty hunters today, but I lost six brothers fighting this battle," Castiel countered. He was not taking any shit from Dean, not today.

"What do you mean battle?" Dean asked. "The creatures you fought today are called witnesses. They are part of the 66 seals; they keep a door shut, and if all the 66 seals are broken, Lucifer walks free. This is the beginning of the end, Dean. If we don't stop Lilith, we are all doomed," Castiel explained.