Chapter Eleven

"The hell, dude, why do you stink like you were deep-diving in the sewer?" Dean said as he covered his nose, which wasn't much help. Sam looked at Dean confused; he knew he was all sweaty, but he didn't smell that bad, plus he had taken a shower in the morning before he went hunting. "What are you talking about?"

"Hi, I'm talking about your soul, Sam." Castiel appeared out of nowhere, well, more of he flew into the room unannounced. "Is this... aahh, is he the angel?" Sam asked Dean in awe. He didn't know whether to bow, kneel, I mean, it wasn't every day he had an angel in his room. Dean looked at Sam amused at his reaction; if only he knew what they had been up to earlier on.

"Wait, what do you mean I can smell his soul?" Dean looked at Cass curiously. Sam still couldn't compute what was happening; why was Dean being casual about this? This was an angel for heaven's sake.

"Sam, do you want to tell your brother, or should I?"

"I've been using my gift to kill demons, and I drink demon blood to amplify it, but am helping people, Dean. Isn't that what matters?" Sam tried to soften the blow by adding that, though Dean's face was full of disappointment despite his efforts.

"Cass, what does his soul have to do with any of this, and how can I smell it?" Dean asked Cass while looking at Sam intensely. He wanted to punch him so badly.

"The demon blood is rotting his soul; he's slowly turning into a demon. It's like the demon's blood is making his soul sick, but instead of death, he's becoming a demon. Demons basically are corrupted human souls that have been tortured for so long that they forget they were once human. I guess for a human who is still alive, this is the easiest way to get there. As for why you can smell his soul, I think it's because we kissed." That last bit made Dean blush a little, and Cass looked at him with a small smile.