Chapter Twenty Five

The next morning, awkward didn't begin to cover the tension in the room. Dean thanked the stars he still had a hangover; the first thing he did was go for aspirin, coffee, and bacon. Sam walked into the kitchen, "Dean, can..." All Dean did was raise his hand and point at his coffee mug. He had one rule in the morning: no one talks to him until he finishes his first mug of coffee. Sam went to the fridge for his fresh green juice; he had made it last night, he sat down and drank in silence. He had woken up for a morning run and picking up Baby. Cass had informed him it was still outside the bar before he flew away to God knows where.

"Where is Cass?" Dean asked after finishing his coffee. "I haven't seen him since last night."

"You kissed him!" Dean couldn't drag this out any longer. "You throated the guy I like, Sam." He kept saying it, hoping it would either be a dream or make a molecule of sense. "I really wanna kick your ass," Dean declared.

"I like him too, Dean," Sam whispered. This made Dean turn so sharply and hurriedly; his headache came back, crushing his skull. "Excuse me?" Dean couldn't believe what Sam was saying.

"What do you mean you like him?" "I mean I like him; he is light. He makes me feel not so screwed up. It's like being with him heals me, but it is still more than that; it's Cass, Dean, him just being him. He makes me feel the stress and heartbreak of this life is worth it," Sam said exactly what Dean felt about Cass. "I know." That was all Dean said before he walked out. He wanted to go fishing; it would help him clear out his head because they needed to figure this shit out before Cass came back. He didn't want him caught between a sibling rivalry or whatever this was. So Dean went fishing, one hand holding a fishing rod, the other a beer. He sat there for hours.