Chapter 2: The beginning

Chapter 2
~~•°•~~

Twenty years earlier..☠

***
Third person's POV...

"Wake up princess. Today's your big day remember." Young Madelyn fluttered her eyes open to see a grinning Karen looking down at her. She quickly sprung from the bed and launched herself at her mother, wrapping her delicate hands around the laughing woman's neck.

"Mommyyyy.....!" She screamed

"Happy birthday sweetheart, you're five now and slowly becoming a big girl." They joked around for some couple more minutes before she was excused to allow her bundle of joy get ready. It wasn't all the time she had moments with her mom like this so she was ecstatic.

They were currently having their breakfast as the little girl played with her food. "Mommy will Justin be attending my birthday party after school?" She played with little strands of her hair giving puppy dog eyes to her mother who was focused on her tablet causing her to snap her gaze to her little girl already seeing where this was going. Barking out a laugh she lowered her tablet, studying her daughter closely.

"You're quite very attached to Justin huh, but yes, yes honey he will be here for your party." The little girl became giddy and after ate everything on her plate and dashed off to brush her teeth. "Oh careful honey!" Karen called after her but she was already up the stairs and down the hallway into her room.

Justin...☠

He had his dad bring him to the same school as her but they were never in the same building as he was quite older but he will always make it to her building to drop or pick her up since her mom was always too busy. Justin noticed that since her father passed a year ago they got a lot closer and her mother became more burdened with work since resuming positions as CEO of their many companies. It was no wonder his dad and Karen always moved together, discussing businesses and making partnerships with each other.

My father told me countless times that I will take over the companies when he steps down just as Madelyn is entitled to her father's, but she wouldn't be able to take over until her mom sees fit. It was no secret that both I and Madelyn's father were best of friends back in their childhood days up until now even if Mr. Brooks passed. His last words to me the last time I had the chance to talk to him was to watch over his daughter. I still remember that sternness and strict aura around him. Even though I knew my father will do exactly that since he is like her second father to her, I still took it upon myself because in some ways, I practically watched her grow and not to throw dirt on the fact that I'm five years older in terms of age.

I tightened my arms around her, not giving signs of letting go any moment and just chuckled, kissing her hair and listening to her speak into the crook of my neck.

"I've missed you so much Justin." Her voice was soft and muffled due to her speaking into my neck to which I just rubbed soothing circles on her back, loosening my hold and letting her draw back a bit with a pout. Seeing this, I furrowed my brows giving her a questioning look. "You didn't say you miss me too." She's so cute. I chuckled and kissed her all over her face loving the way she giggled and told me to cut it out which resulted in me giving her one last kiss to her cute button nose before backing off.

"Of course I've missed you pumpkin. Who wouldn't miss an angel like you hm?" I kissed her all over her face again causing her to giggle a wiggle against my steady hold.

"Ok stop I surrender." Then all my actions seized making me smile at her and giving her a victory nod to which she in turn nuzzled more into my neck allowing her soft breaths hit my open skin as we make pass her tutor who always gives me those adoring eyes. I give her a nod which she reciprocates. She is a good woman. She considers all her students her children and there's no doubt since it reflected in the way this stubborn girl always talks about her back at home.