Chapter 3: My mistake

Chapter 3
~~•°•~~

Twenty years earlier...☠

Madelyn...☠

Madelyn wakes up to sounds of laughter and muffled voices coming from downstairs. She quickly rubs her still heavy eyelids jumping down from her high bed and slowly making her way downstairs. Today was a Saturday and she made sure she always cried for Justin who in turn made it a priority to always shows up. Her bare feet silently padded against the cold tiled floors as she made her way downstairs noticing the voices become clearer and louder.

"Thank you so much Justin. I wouldn't know what I'd do if you weren't always there for Madelyn. I just sometimes feel its too much of a burden how you have to balance studies, home and my stubborn little girl."

"Its okay ma'am Karen. Maddy is like the little sister I never had. I don't mind canceling and re scheduling just to spend time with her." He gives a polite smile

"That's because she doesn't give you the chance to object. You really are a good kid with good wits. I'm positive your father's companies will thrive." Justin nods in acknowledgement.

"By the way where is-" He's cut off by a loud shriek.

"Justinnnnnn!!!... You came" She practically bolts from where she stood on the last of steps for him, jumping in his free lap and straddling him immediately clinging onto him for dear life. She nuzzles her face into his chest." "I've missed you"

"Hey princess. I've missed you too even if it was yesterday during our car ride we last saw each other." He tightens his hold closing his eyes just as they enjoy the moment.

"What of mommy sweetie?" She quickly wiggles out of his hold bolting to her mother's.

"I've missed you too mommy and I love you so much but I love Justin more." Karen chuckles, Madelyn's smile grows from ear to ear but Justin just stares at her with a gentle smile but his eyes tell his excitement.

"Oh I have to go take care of some issues alright sweetie?... Justin is here if you need anything." She only nods jumping down and running to Justin straddling him once again.

"Ok so we've got the house all to ourselves and there will be a storm soon so what do you wanna do princess?" He kisses her cheek as her voice stays muffled against his clothed chest but he still heard her.

"Don't let me go." She tightens her grip after as the thunder already roars in the sky causing the little girl to flinch tightening her grip.

"Why shouldn't I let you go princess?" He decides to tease her not expecting her answer.

"Because you are mine remember?... Please don't leave me like dad did. You promised to be mine-" He felt wet tears touch his shirt making him panic.

"Hey hey shhh... I was only joking. I am yours and I would never leave you." She pulled away slightly pecking his lips surprising him again." Do you trust me." She doesn't hesitate and nods making him smile. "Ok then I also want you to be mine just like your dad was" He repeats her action on the night of her birthday and she giggles.

"Yhhaaayyy... Now we are the bestest of friends" She throws her arms in the air and jumps up and down on him whiles giggling and he swore he felt something stir in him but he brushed it off. The thunder roared once more making the little girl scream and straddle him tightly again.

"What do you say we go to your room and make a tent with some heavy sheets and cuddle whiles I tell you stories?"

"Will we have a night light inside too?" She asks and he nods."Just like old times?" She always had the cutest pout.

"Just like old times" Justin stands up with her walking them to her bedroom.

__________________________

"Do they still bully you at school?" They were now laying under the quilts with her night light illuminating the enclosed space as Madelyn made herself comfortable on top of Justin resting her head on his chest whilst he stroke her back gently.

"They did not believe me when I said I kissed someone at my birthday party but I don't mind because I know I did and it was nice. More nice because it was you Justin." She raised herself supporting her little weight by placing both hands on his chest still straddling his tummy. "Am I right Justin?" She beams.

"Can you tell me something Maddy?" She nods enthusiastically. "Uhmm... how do I say this... okay do you know what kissing someone means?" She pouts tapping her right tiny index finger on the side of her cute mouth in deep thought.

"Cassey only said it was nice and that we are big girls too, she didn't say anything else" She goes back to laying on his chest.

"Then you should stop kissing me Maddy. You're still a little girl. That Cassey is no good for you" We're quiet for some time before shockingly she shakes her head. "Maddy..."

She keeps shaking her head pulling herself up with tears teasing her eyes. "Cassey said I'm no good and everyone will leave me including you because I have no friends and that nobody wants to be close to a spoilt fatherless girl like me." She throws open the quilts and bolts away wiping her tears.

"MADDY!... I'M SORRY. I'M NOT LEAVING I WAS ONLY KIDDING" No he wasn't. He just wanted to shut what he was feeling before it escalated. He runs after her but she's quite fast for a little girl with little legs. She bolts into one of the restrooms at the end of the vast halls slamming the door shut and turning the lock. "Maddy...princess I'm sorry. Please let me in I promise I won't leave you." There's still no response only quiet sobs. "Maddy sweetie... I only wanted you to know that kissing isn't child's play and one day your prince charming will do more than that for you."

"I don't want a prince charming. They don't exist. Only in fairy tales."

"God Maddy who told you that?"

"I saw it in a movie and the prince never came for the princess. You promised you were mine and now you hate me just like Cassey, everyone and the movie said. I miss papa. He would always say he would stick with me till the end" She broke down into more sobs.

"Princess... Do you know why I call you princess?... Its because you are mine now just like I'm yours. Please let me in princess."

"NO!...You won't let me kiss you and you always don't kiss me back! Do you think I'm a brat just like what Cassey and her friends say?"

"Jesus Christ this Cassey is really a child bitch." He mutters under his breath.

"I'm sorry I don't kiss you back princess. From now on I'll start to kiss you back okay. Remember we promised we belong to each other?... You're mine Maddy and I'm yours and no Cassandra child whoring bitch is going to change that okay." The place suddenly quieted for a bit before her cute giggle echoed from the other side making him smile waiting as the lock clicked and she slowly made her way out.

"Her name's Cassey and you used the swear words" He picked her up placing kisses all over her face not forgetting her lips were he lingered a bit longer making her hug him tightly as they made their way downstairs.

"I love you Justin and Papa." She mumbles in the crook of his neck which he heard clearly.

"And I love you Maddy. You're mine now. Only mine and I will never leave you so don't let anyone tell you otherwise you hear me?" She nodded "Good!"

~~•°•~~