Chapter 5: Protecting what's mine

Chapter 5
~~•°•~~

Twenty years earlier...☠

Maddy...☠

"That's not true. Justin loves me and he's mine!" Young Madelyn pounced on Cassey throwing her clenched fists and pulling onto the poor girls hair who did nothing but cry trying to shield and push the girl off but to no avail. Madelyn was fuming with tears running down her face as some of her mates cheered her on and some begun to cry at what was going on. Madelyn gave the poor girl scratches and bruises as she continued to throw everything at the crying girl.

"Oh my God MADELYN!" The teacher run in with a crying student in tail whom she presumed went to report. The madam practically peeled her away from the crying girl as she also wiped the tears she didn't know were falling. "Oh Cassey we need to take you to the hospital and call your parents." She snapped to the shaking Madelyn. "Madelyn what is wrong with you. This is not what we teach you here."

"She's the one to blame. She always tells me that everyone will leave me because no one loves me. That's why my papa left and Justin too" Madelyn tried to stop the tears.

"Oh Madelyn you could have told any of the teachers not like this. You've hurt the poor child. She doesn't know what she's saying dear-"

"SHE KNOWS!!!" Madelyn snaps and bolts out of the class running as far as her little legs could take her.

"MADELYNNNN!!!!" Their form teacher called after her but she was already out of sight. She immediately took Cassey to the infirmary leaving her in the hands of the school nurse to call her parents and quickly rushed out to search for Madelyn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Justin...☠

They were making their way down the halls to their next class when Justin recognized the woman approaching him with hasty steps and a nervous expression as Madelyn's form teacher. Was Madelyn okay.

"Justin can I urmm... speak to you for a sec?" She sounded worried and fidgety.

"Yo man we'll see you at class." Arthur and Caleb his two friends gave him a pat to the back before running off.

"Urhh... sure." He couldn't mask the confusion in his voice. "Is Maddy alright?" She suddenly looked hesitant but cleared her throat.

"Yh about that. Madelyn got into a fight today..." I'm sure she saw the look of pure horror on my face as she cleared her throat once more clearly dreading the consequences since she knew how this would go if Maddy's mother caught onto this. "It was personal and she run off when I scolded her regarding it wasn't the right thing to do and I have no idea where she could be now. The school is too large and since you two are very close I thought to let you know since you know her better."

She finally ended her horrifying speech and my mind was already jammed with possibilities of where she could be. It could only be that little Cassey bitch again. Where did my princess go?..I just dropped my books bolting straight down the halls and out the doors only to be welcomed into the vast land of pavement blocks, green trimmed grasses and separate buildings seemingly far from each other in an orderly fashioned manner. Class could wait. I was already ahead in lessons anyway so skipping one class wouldn't affect me.

I couldn't think of anything else but Maddy and where she could be. I run in any direction to start looking. My classes don't matter anymore but only that spoiled little girl who seems to make me do crazy things without too much of a thought.

I firstly began to look in the toilets and bathrooms since that's where she always runs back at the house when she's mad but so far my spirits are crying due to die frustration.