Kim Gaeul (IVE)

| the apple of my eye

"kim gaeul, she's incredible." y/n muttered under her breath as she read pass through their school's students history. y/n has been studying in an all girl's school her whole life, not being able to even feel any presence of a boy on her life. and just like her, her senior, kim gaeul had been also studying at an all girl's school, difference is that she had boys following her for a long time.

"no wonder even students from other schools know her." y/n muttered once again as she closed the students history journal, seeing as one of her friends— kim dayeon enters the classroom and took a seat besides her.

"what's that?" dayeon asked, taking a peek of the journal in her hands, y/n scooted away, scoffing as she swats her friend's hand, earning a groan.

"no peeking!" y/n stated, bringing the journal close to her. dayeon laughed, shaking her head as she sat properly at her chair. "seriously y/n, where'd you even get that?" dayeon asked, which got a snicker from the other girl as y/n laughed.

"oh? this? i joined the student council as a helper then they gave me this!" y/n replied, before tucking in the journal inside her bag, earning a huff from the other girl. "why did you join? yesterday you said you weren't interested?" dayeon asked, leaning on her seat as she watched y/n intently with both eyes.

oh right, yesterday a man who advices the student council entered their classroom asked if anyone was interested since new class year just started and clubs were looking out for new members, then specifically went to the seat where y/n and dayeon are together. he asked if y/n was interested into taking the job, since dayeon already had a club she joins at.

unfortunately, y/n thought it was not it— she didn't like the thought of being dumped with school works plus things that include their school, it was a lot of responsibility she had to carry.

so y/n rejected the offer.

"oh, yeah. yesterday, i met the president of the student council, she was so nice to me!" dayeon looked rather baffled, please don't say she was nice that's why y/n joined the student council without thinking through it.

"and?" dayeon asked, her eyebrows rising. y/n gulped yet continued. "she helped me and so i thought maybe i can you know? repay her?" y/n shrugged, which got a nod from her friend who looked back at the front, lips pursing and cheeks puffing.

"yeah i get it. was she pretty in person?" dayeon asked, smiling mischievously, now that y/n thinks about it, gaeul was extremely pretty, like her face was cut by the gods.

y/n nodded. "you haven't seen her around yet?" she asked, in return getting a nod. "absolutely, this school is big and the chances i might see her face to face is small." dayeon replied, eyes squinted, seeing the surprised look on her friend.

now that y/n remembers it, she owed gaeul a lot for saving her cat who was stuck in the flowing river, if it wasn't for her myao would be drowning and would get washed away by the flow of the river.

°°°°°°
— yesterday.

"myao! where are you?!" y/n yelled through the alley, her shoes stepping and making sounds while it crushed the dead leaves into pieces, her voice dipped in concern and anxiety as she continued to roam around and look for a certain brown and round cat.

"gosh, where did that cat go?" she muttered, her heart heavy as she continued to walk in the alley near the roaring river. just a moment ago, she decided she would buy cat food for her two cats, shippo and myao, but incidentally, she forgot to close the door of their house and that's probably how myao got out while shippo was asleep.