Kim Minji (NEWJEANS)

| unwanted presents pt.1

note: tw! psycho! stalker kmj!

"you're going home? at this hour?" soobin asked as she looked down at his co-worker at a cafe, their shift lasted for a while, longer than what they've expected because their night shift co-worker had been late because of an emergency. y/n hated staying for too long but because she's considerate and didn't want to leave her friend behind she decided to stay.

"yes, don't worry i'll be alright." y/n shook off the worried look on soobin's face, soobin seemed unconvinced, at this time and date, there weirdos surely roaming around every corner of the streets and leaving such girl would be dangerous. soobin shook his head and clicked his tongue. "absolutely not, i don't trust people around this place and look it's already 11pm, bus stations are close at this hour." soobin replied, shrugging.

y/n hated to admit it but he has a point, it's not like she doesn't trust the taller man- it's just that soobin is way too nice, it feels like she's being a burden with the constant help she gets from the older guy. some people even think soobin's making a move on her, but both of them know that it's not the case- y/n just hates the feeling of passing her problems unto other people.

"it's just that... you would be late going home and your roommate's going to look for you." y/n looks away, rubbing her forearm with her other hand, feeling the chill air touch her skin. soobin smiled and waved his comically large hand in front of y/n's face. "oh no worries, yeonjun's an understanding dude, once i tell him about this he'll be okay." soobin assured the younger girl then tapped her petite shoulder.

"so? are you okay if i accompany you home with my scooter?" soobin moved aside and stretched his arms toward his scooter, the same motor he had been using ever since they first met, which he said was a gift from his mother. y/n looked at the older guy and bit her bottom lip before nodding.

soobin smiled and took a spare helmet that was hanging by the side mirror, giving it to y/n before wearing his and hopping on the scooter. "come on!" he said to which y/n replied by hopping behind soobin.

y/n placed her hand on her lap, to which soobin didn't mind. the engine ignited and soobin started the motor slowly before accelerating. the street that was once filled with commuters and a sea of crowd was now empty. small buildings' lights slowly turn off one by one, leaving the moon and the lamp post to provide light to the street.

the air was cold, too cold for her own liking.

the only thing she could hear was the engine, the roaring sound of it as it accelerated past the buildings and other vehicles.

there is a weird comfort of having someone as reliable as soobin, a trustworthy guy who seemed to be different from all she had met, it made y/n happy but at the same time there's a lingering feeling inside her stomach at the thought of once again having to walk her way inside her apartment then be greeted with packages that came from who knows.

the thought made her sigh.

when soobin dropped her off in front of the apartment complex, y/n turned her head to give the guy a small smile and a bow of gratitude which soobin had returned with a sweet smile and a wave. "it's alright, take care y/n!" soobin said as he started the engine again, y/n watched as he left and stood there for a few seconds before entering the building.

as y/n passed by the rows of rooms, she took a stop in front of an elevator, looking around to see no one when she pushed the button the door opened to a person leaning on the metal wall of the elevator, face covered with a hoodie, y/n felt something shift from the air as she pursed her lips before entering, turning her back towards the stranger as if not wanting to ever come with an eye contact. the stranger then exits the elevator after a few seconds— leaving y/n baffled as she stood inside the elevator. y/n pressed buttons to the floor where her room's located, patiently waits as the elevator starts to move.