S. Mashiro × F. Yaning (Kep1er/GP999)

| little gimmick

—coroner's forensic laboratory, london.
—1874.
—11:34 am.

"move or else i'll chop your head off in no time!" mashiro scoffs as she holds the butcher knife on her hand, her voice muffled under the thick layer of the leather mask. yaning steps back, grimacing.

"calm down ms. sakamoto, if you do so then you have to think about your murder case in the future, yeseo will be sad." yaning shrugs, a vicious smile on her lips.

mashiro huffs, placing the knife on the wooden table beside the row of jar filled with unearthly human parts from different victims of murder.

"what do you need then detective? hurry up because i do not have the time all for you." mashiro's voice calms down, but still had poise on it. yaning shakes her head, sighing. "just the usual, i need the autopsy report for the murder case shen xiaoting is holding, and mind coming with me to ms. choi's office?" yaning inquired.

mashiro held her head up, looking at the taller girl, contemplating.

was officer cai bing not with her today? it is very unusual. mashiro thinks.

"where is your companion?" mashiro asked, pulling her mask off as she looked at yaning who smiled. "ah cai bing, she is with ruiqi, you know, ruiqi is in a bad condition after the incident and needed assistance." yaning laughed.

"i don't care about your bibliography or the magazine with your fictional adventures on it." mashiro huffed, looking away. yaning grimaced, faux hurting as her expression turned sour.

"you are one mean of a person ms. sakamoto, you know how myah worked hard for that piece of magazine that tells the amazing story of my adventures as the great detective! even yeseo loves it, you can ask ms. kawaguchi too." yaning beamed, her smile so teasing, ticking off every patience left in mashiro.

"acting as if you didn't almost get myah arrested for a crime she did not commit." mashiro countered back, snapping her head to the other direction.

yaning grimaced, a real expression of pain this time.

"t-that! that was my job! would i be ruining my own reputation, ms. kawaguchi's, xiaoting's just because i sought the truth?" yaning sheepishly scratched the back of her head.

mashiro snickered, turning her head towards yaning. "but during the trials, it was yurina and ms. shen who actually sought the truth."

"but if it wasn't for me no evidence was to be presented! i still played the biggest role out there!" yaning puffed out her chest in arrogance, steering the anger inside mashiro more.

"you know what? here is the autopsy report you have been asking for, you can go and leave now." mashiro placed the autopsy report on the table, her back facing yaning, as she huffed and crossed her arms.

"what? not to be rude, but you are suppose to come with me to ms. choi's office." yaning stood there, confused. mashiro didn't took her words seriously as she walked over the shelves.

"i don't think you'll be needing my help, you can go and ask ms. shen to do that task for you, yes?" mashiro looked back, a smile on her face, deep dimples protruding.

"no, xiaoting is busy with the trial, you are the only one who can go with me to the office." yaning marched over next to mashiro. mashiro sighed. "you are a grown up, no? so being lost in london while looking for ms. choi's office is an impossible event to happen." mashiro's voice was more calmer, her smile not fading.

"but, i'll treat you in a lunch if you do so, i have no idea about ms. choi's office— it is usually cai bing who comes to that office and meets her." yaning replied.