Kim Chaehyun (Kep1er)

| more than survive pt. 2

what mess did i put myself into?! y/n thought as she held the script in her hands, her mind thumping every last thump it could do, her eyes roaming around the sheets of paper laying on her hands as she read and read.

"these lines... they're— they're so bad! i'm already as embarrassing as i could get, and the lines makes it worse!" y/n muttered under her breath, her feet taps onto the floor of the cafeteria as chatters from students surround her ears, she couldn't get enough of it.

"hey buddy! how— you okay?" a greet from her closest friend, youngeun that turned into a worried question woke y/n up from her thoughts. she looked up to see youngeun looking at her with a questionable stare.

"it's, basically that asshole who had the lead role in the play backed out for, i don't remember and i had to take the role!" y/n whined, pressing harder in the paper as she leaned in the table while youngeun takes her seat across y/n.

"you knew you couldn't do it, why did you still take it?" youngeun asked, y/n rolled her eyes.

"i definitely did not volunteer i swear! i raised my hand to call for chaehyun and they thought i volunteered." y/n continued, sighing deeply.

"what!? y/n that's so funny!" youngeun laughed, slamming her hands on the table, earning a stare from y/n.

"really?" y/n asked, sarcastic.

youngeun choked back her laugh. "sorry, it's just that— i can't believe you could be that unlucky!" youngeun stated.

"i can't too, but i have no choice, chaehyun looked relieved hearing that i will replace the original lead." y/n sighed.

"well, that's a good sign." youngeun smiled, before clasping her hands. "cheer up! at least chaehyun is happy you're taking the character! so— what's the story about, is it love story? happy ending? or, or like—"

"it's romeo and juliet youngeun, the classics." y/n retorted, with a frown.

youngeun's face fell flat with a frown too, awkwardly leaning back. "oh..."

"well at least it's still romance...?" y/n muttered, shrugging.

"yeah, sad ending and plus both of the characters died, what's up with that choice? so corny!" youngeun stated, looking away with a pout.

"yeah i know right? could've been something like the heathers." y/n stated.

"well, yeah but that's another sad ending." youngeun cuts her off, but y/n shrugged again. "it's more realistic."

"whatever y/n! i wish you good luck, i hope you don't piss your pants during practice." youngeun laughed, patting y/n on her head. y/n frowned, swatting her hand away.

"i'm older than you."

"and?"

°°°°°°

"let's do our best today!" chaehyun cheered, glowing, as she smiled brightly at y/n, and y/n swore she was blinded either because of chaehyun's porcelain-like skin and her smile or the stage lights.

"y-yeah, let's do our best." y/n cheered too, trying to at least match the energy chaehyun had but her face said other wise, her eyes were frowning but her lips were formed in a smile, shaking as she felt chaehyun's soft hands on her forearm, rubbing softly against her skin.

"are you nervous?" chaehyun asked, catching the signs, y/n looked down, scratching her cheeks, letting out a small laugh.

"kinda, but i'm alright." she answered, pathetically squealing as chaehyun's holds her firmly.