Part 19

When your alarm screamed at you at 445am the next morning you were sure it was the one that was drunk. Why would it be going off now? Your head was pounding and it was too early for your phone's crap so you fumbled the off button and it settled into blissful silence.

For 9 minutes, and then it went off again. You cracked your eyelid and peered at the offending device wishing it into oblivion. Why on earth was it going off now? It was still dark outside for god sakes. You could feel yourself winding up to an epic pouting session before you heard another alarm go off.

In your bedroom.

In a flash your brain woke up and reminded you of exactly who was in your bed at the moment, which finally allowed you to connect the dots of why your alarm was going off before 5am.

With as much under your breath grousing as you could manage quietly you rolled off the couch, got to your feet and padded quietly across the cold floor of your apartment into your tiny kitchen.

One of the few indulgences you had spent on yourself after the sale of your old house was this new coffee machine. It was stupidly expensive when you purchased it five years ago, but you loved the idea of touch button espresso and milk foam. You simply had to empty the portafilter, grab the right amount, or dose, of coffee grounds, shake it a bit to get the grounds to settle and then go through the tamping motions. The most important, but also most annoying part of your process. But this machine simply made the tastiest coffee.

You had emptied the portafilter for the espresso in the garbage and were refilling the grounds as you heard your bedroom door creak open when you looked up. A shirtless Min Yoongi stood before you in low slung light gray sweatpants scratching the back of his head. Your eyes bugged in your head before you wrenched your head away from the deliciousness laid out before you and focused on fitting the filter and tamper together and finishing the task in front of you. You desperately wanted to stare, in fact it was hard not to, but Yoongi was a guest in your home, and it would be beyond the height of rudeness to stare.

"Coffee?" asked a sleepy Yoongi, and he stepped behind you. His arms slid under yours to lean against the counter and brought him completely in line against your back. He put his chin on your shoulder to stare at what your hands were doing, which to be honest the instant you felt him against your back, wasn't much of anything.

"This isn't distracting is it Babygirl?" Yoongi quietly teased you as he somehow pulled you tighter against him without moving his arms an inch. You had a moment to hope you weren't unconsciously backing into him before just giving up and closing your eyes for a second to enjoy the feeling.

"You are always distracting Yoongi, and you know it" you replied.

You couldn't see it, but you could feel his smile against your shoulder. His smirk carried over into his voice when he spoke again.

"This looks like one of the coffee machines we have at the dorm," he said.

You finished tamping the grounds and finished setting up the machine.

"If you've seen this before then you can pick which coffee you want then, and I'll go get dressed. And by the time I'm done, so should your espresso and we can switch spots. It's a pretty light roast because my stomach can't handle the super dark roasts anymore, I hope that is ok?" you asked before turning in Yoongi's arms.

A mistake as that allowed him to simply walk into you and keep you closer in the loose embrace from a moment ago. He stared into your eyes for what seemed like a few minutes, and you realized that you were still trying to inch closer.