Part 33

Sighing deeply, you settled back in your chair and dialed Katia. After initial greetings, she asked how things were going with your new friend and you took a deep breath before responding. However, before you could even get the words out, best friend spidey sense had jumped in to save the day.

"OMG (Y/N) did you sleep with him?!?!?!?!" Katia screeching in your ear excitedly was probably a good starting point for the rest of the conversation, so you gleefully indulged in a little girl talk explaining how your weekend had gone.

But then you knew you couldn't skip the big part and dropped the news about your apartment.

Katia was horrified, then put two and two together.

"He has no hotel, and you now have no apartment, and you're now doing the horizontal tango as often as you can..." Katia trailed off and you took the plunge before she freaked.

"He found us a place to rent for the six months he's in town! It's really nice, it's in that new building in Lake View, so it's not that far from here at all." You tried to downplay exactly what you were getting into, but Katia stopped you again.

"(Y/N) (L/N) are you moving in with this man and you've known him a whole week? What are you thinking? I mean I get that he's your bias and obviously you like bouncing in the sheets with him, but damn girl, living together? Are you sure you want to do that?" Katia was as neutral as she could be and you weren't sure what her feelings were but you tried to explain your own.

"Kat he's the most comfortable relationship I've ever had in my life. I don't know what this or where it's going yet but I want more time to figure that out. We both need a place, and this gives me time with him and time to figure it out. If it doesn't work in a few weeks then I still have time to find another place and," you took that deep breath finally and admitted to Katia what you had barely admitted to yourself yet.

"Katia, he'll have to head back to Korea at some point. He can't be based here, so I only have so much time to figure this out anyways. It's not like he can stay and it's not like I can go home in his suitcase and things will be great. This is literally a once in a lifetime thing."

There was silence on the other end of the phone and Katia sniffled a bit. Concerned you started to ask her about it, but her response floored you.

"(Y/N) it's not the now that worries me. I've known you since you found BTS and started being ARMY and Suga has been your bias for a decade and now you're living the fantasy. This must be an amazing feeling for you, but what happens in six months? Not to your relationship, but to you? Can you really live with this man for six months falling in love with him on the daily and be ok when he packs up to go home and you don't go with him?"

Her words hit your hard like a physical blow as they were the thoughts that you'd been avoiding thinking about since Thursday morning. You knew she was worried about what would happen after because she had been there when your ex broke up with you after your parent's accident because you were a "downer", and though you'd like to tell yourself all sorts of things, you knew what she was implying. Yoongi leaving for Korea without you would absolutely crush you. There wasn't anything you could say in response to that but the truth.

"I want it anyways," you whispered.

Katia heard you and gave a massive sigh.

"Yea, I figured. And if I was in your shoes and it was Derek? It's what I'd want no matter what. But goddamn I wouldn't want to be you right now. Super huge hugs my girl," she said.

"Super huge hugs back," you whispered back.

Katia sighed once more and then asked about the new place. There was a bit more screeching when she realized that you had one of the penthouse apartments and demanded an invite to dinner as soon as you unpacked.