Part 54

~Author's Note~

Merry Christmas Eve 2021 to everyone who might glance at this! I hope everyone enjoys the next few chapters as an early holiday gift.

You happily sat in your aunt and uncle's kitchen for nearly an hour just chatting before you thought maybe that was enough torture for the boys and started to make your goodbyes.

Jimin and Tae were immediately dragged over to the cupboard for your aunt to load them down with more cookies and snacks for the ride home, which Tae was happy to accept. You rather thought Jimin was contemplating how much time in the gym this was going to cost him and your aunt only had to glance at him before exclaiming that dancers probably wanted yogurt and veggie sticks, but a few cookies wouldn't hurt, and started packing carrots and celery sticks for Jimin as well.

You smiled as you watched them and weren't paying a lot of attention to the low conversation your Uncle Bob and Yoongi were having until you heard your uncle mention you going to Korea.

You turned and felt Yoongi's arm around your waist tighten.

"What did you say Uncle Bob," you asked and looked back and forth between the two men.

Yoongi was blushing hard but was holding his own against your uncle's patented scary face. You turned to your Uncle Bob and raised an eyebrow and waited.

Uncle Bob stopped trying to intimidate Yoongi and looked at you instead.

"I asked him to make sure that when he took you home to Korea, that he needed to make sure he was able to afford bringing you home at least once a year so we can see you girlie," he said.

You rocked back on your heels a bit and only Yoongi's arm on your back really kept you steady.

"I know you got your settlement from the lawsuit after your Daddy and Mama passed (Y/N), but if you get to Korea and need anything at all you just have to call us," said your uncle and you nodded mutely staring at the floor. You mumbled your thanks and stepped forward to give your uncle the biggest hug you manage.

Internally you were a mess now, your brain doing Olympic level gymnastics at the idea that your uncle thought you'd be moving to Korea now. You moved a little bit on autopilot as you gathered up coats and gloves and shoes and gave final hugs to your aunt and uncle.

Your Aunt Pat walked out to the car with you and drew you in for a giant hug.

"(Y/N), I hope you don't mind your Uncle Bob's words to your young man," she said, and you both turned to watch your Uncle Bob and Yoongi standing off to one side having a very intense discussion about something.

"He worries about you being all alone you know," Aunt Pat squeezed your hands and you turned to look at her again.

"Aunt Pat, Yoongi hasn't asked me to go to Korea at all," you blurt out unable to escape from the summersaults your brain was doing at the moment. The tears started pouring down your face again and there didn't seem to be anything you could do to stop them.

Your aunt tilted her head and stared at you for a second, frowning, before drawing you back into a hug again.

"If you could only see the way he looks at you (Y/N), you'd know it was a foregone conclusion hun. Don't you worry about it at all, he'll get there at his own pace I'm sure, but he loves you deeply," she paused and drew back a bit, then dug in the pocket of her coat and brought out a tissue and started wiping your face.

You smiled at her actions through your tears and drew her in for another hug.

"I love you to the moon and back Aunt Pat," you choked out and she squeezed you.