Part 38

Valentine's day was a quiet day for you both because of the winter storm, but you'd found where you'd unpacked your candles and had little tea lights spread around the bedroom, kitchen and living room when Yoongi finished in the studio for the day.

You'd unpacked your rice cooker, much to Yoongi's delight, when you first moved in and it was yet another brand he was familiar with and knew how to use. You had both been delighted to find the other was competent in the kitchen, though Yoongi was much better at actually cooking. You excelled in baking and Yoongi complained he'd have to start going to the gym on the second floor much more often than the three times a week you were both going down now.

For Valentine's Day you wanted finger foods and small meals, mostly in the hopes that it would be easier to put away in case you didn't get to eat anything, but you knew when Yoongi emerged from the studio that afternoon, things hadn't gone well and he didn't remember what day it was.

He called out that he was going to take a shower and you heard him go into the bathroom and shut the door. You debated surprising him in the shower, but it sounded like whatever he'd been working on hadn't went well today.

You thought maybe just convincing him to chill on the couch for the night with the game on would work better for you both, so you started arranging things on the breakfast bar for dinner and blew out a few of the candles. Nothing worse than putting your own expectations on someone else, just in time for them to have a bad day. And honestly, every day you woke up with Yoongi was its own gift, this is just another day.

When Yoongi emerged from the bedroom, you'd changed from your valentine's day outfit back into cozy clothes and were reading your phone at the bar. Yoongi walked up and you held out your arms and he simply walked into them.

"Everything ok Yoongi? Nothing bad happened?" You were suddenly worried things had gone even worse than you thought, but he leaned back and gave you a tired smile.

"I just can't get the beat right for the new lyrics RM sent me yesterday and he's hot to hear what I did with them. I hate disappointing him, so I worked on it all day but it's just not coming," Yoongi said. You heard the frustration in his voice and realized you'd made the right call in dialing things back a bit for tonight.

"Well, I made some little foods and I think the recording of the game should be downloaded by now, if that's ok for dinner," you asked.

Yoongi smiled at you and agreed to the little plates, though he gave more praise when he tasted what you'd made.

You dragged the coffee table closer to the couch and set everything up there while Yoongi found his game and turned it on.

You both ate, then cleaned up. Yoongi sat back on the couch, and you grabbed your phone and the blanket from the back of the couch. Yoongi made sure it was tucked in under your feet before dropping a kiss on your hair and turning back to his game.

You got engrossed in your book, until your yawns were the only thing keeping you awake. You saw Yoongi's game was only in the third quarter, so you patted the arm he'd slung around you and sat up.

You leaned over to kiss him on the cheek and say goodnight, and he kissed you back with his eyes on the game. It was still 0-0 in the third and you knew he'd stay up to finish it.

You went and changed into jammies, brushed your teeth and then your hair before washing your face. As you bent down to wash the foam from your face, you saw Yoongi standing in the doorway with his phone in hand.

Turning, you tilted your head to look at him, but before you could question what had happened, Yoongi started to apologize.

"Aww Babygirl, I lost track of the days. I'm so sorry. Me watching the game was not what you wanted tonight was it? That's what all the candles were for," said a distraught Yoongi. He seemed really anxious, so you patted your face dry and put the washcloth down before taking his face in your hands.

Rising up on your toes, you drew him down into a long soft slow kiss. Yoongi made his own noise and his phone hit the bathroom counter and his arms wrapped around you.

You leaned back a little and smiled. "The date doesn't matter. You had a rough day, so I thought we could do something that suited us a bit more than all the commercial happy heart day crap. Was it not a good night Yoongi? Did we not do something you wanted," you asked.

Yoongi looked embarrassed and horrified at the same time if that was possible.

"Babygirl, I know it was Valentine's Day and you must have wanted to do something," he started but you cut that right off before he started.

"Yoongi, did I get to eat dinner with you and then spend the night in your arms? Are you not going to finish watching your game and then you're still coming to bed later? With me?" You pointed out your evening and Yoongi nodded at everything you said.

"But Babygirl, I'm sure you wanted to go out and do dinner or something? I didn't even find you any flowers for today!" Yoongi looked like he was ready to start his rant again, so you leaned up once more and kissed him again. You were discovering that you were apparently as good at distracting Yoongi as he was with you. Interesting, you thought, and filed that away for later.

"Yoongi are we really 'Go out and do stuff' people? You know because we've both wanted to do that so often since you got here," you teased, and he paused with his mouth open to speak again before he looked down at you and closed his mouth.

"No Babygirl we aren't," he started, and you nodded.

"I don't want to go DO things with you if it's supposed to be a day celebrating the person we love! I want to spend that time with you instead and that's what we did." You smiled and thought you'd made your point, but Yoongi looked at first shocked and then his smirk took over. You rapidly replayed what you just said in your head and realized you'd accidentally laid your heart bare. Your eyes widened to their biggest and Yoongi's smirk got even bigger before he just broke into a grin.

"Spending time celebrating the person you love hmmm Babygirl? I think I do that almost every day and every night since I've been with you," he said, and you felt your blush break out on your cheeks.

Yoongi leaned in to kiss you again and picked you up. You wrapped your legs around his waist, and he turned and walked back into the bedroom. He set you down on the bed as gently as possible then stalked over to the switch for the fireplace, turning it on its lowest setting. He found the lighter you'd left on the mantle and lit all the tea lights you'd blown out earlier. He turned to look at you watching him from the bed and your heart grew even bigger when you saw his adorable gummy smile on his face.

Your own smile was just as big and you raised up your arms to welcome him to bed with you and he took you up on it, stripping off his shirt as he walked to the bed.

When he crawled into bed and covered your body with his, your smile was wobbly again, but this time with a crazy level of happiness.

"Tell me now Babygirl," he said, and you knew what he wanted, and your heart was happy to finally let the words free.

"I love you Yoongi," you whispered, and his smile was so huge. Yoongi leaned down and kissed you, your lips pushing against each other growing heavier with every kiss. Yoongi pulled back a moment and looked down, framing your face in his hands before speaking.

"I love you too (Y/N)," and you thought your heart would burst from happiness when you heard the words from his lips.

The rest of the night definitely made for a valentine's day you'd never forget.