part 61

꧁꧂

|Dongwook

I was supposed to go on a date with Jennie. But because of her friend who just got hospitalised, we had to pay a small visit to the hospital. I waited in the lobby of the hospital till she comes back.

'An accident in the seoul street xxxx. The famous young president of the company RED Lang Igarashi was victimised—'

No

I watched the big screen on the wall displaying the incident. It was her car. No this can't be true. My eyes went wide when I heard the sound of ambulance reaching the hospital.

I shouldn't have let her go alone. This is my fault. All my fault. My breath hitched when the patient trolley was pushed infront of me with none other than Igarashi on it.

If anything happens to her,I will never forgive myself. I will never be able to face anyone.

I was about to run towards her but I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked back to see Jennie standing there. Oh shit,what should I do now? I'm sorry Jennie. On the first day of our date,I will have to disappoint you.

"I need to go",I directly said.

She smiled nodded. "Go. I saw everything. She needs you now"

Is this really okay? Jennie will never have a normal relationship with me like this. I will always chose Igarashi over her. This is not fair for her.

It was like she read me when she uttered her next words to me.

"I'm okay. I know you are different. I can manage. I didn't start this relationship not knowing these things will happen. But I'm fine. Just go"

"I'm sorry",that's all I could tell her. I placed a gentle peck on her forehead before dashing inside.

I saw the patient trolley entering the OR. I ran as fast I could and burst opened the theater rooms startling the doctors and nurses. I pulled out my gun when they were about to throw their annoying tantrums.

"I'm her bodyguard. No harm if you stay silent",with that I headed towards the bed without caring about the terrified people.

I looked at her only to see her half unconscious. I hope she could still hear me.

"Igarashi "

She looked at me with half opened eyes. She immediately held my wrist. I touched her hand and squeezed it. "I know. Don't worry about them for now"

I looked at the doctors with a threatening glare. "Start treating her. Do not give anesthesia"

"W–What? But it will be too painful for her! Plus,you can't enter here!",The doctor yelled making me roll my eyes at him.

"DO AS I SAY!"

I looked at Igarashi. She needs to stay conscious in any case those people come to abduct her. If she take anesthesia shot,she will not be able to do anything. "Can you endure it?"

She nodded slowly.

"Start",I ordered them and held her hand tightly. This is not her first time getting treated without an anesthesia shot but the pain will never leave her mind. But it has to be done this way.