Chapter 9 - Playing With the Adviser's Little Pengornis (NSFW)

Chapter 9 – Playing With the Adviser’s Little Pengornis

“You’re the adviser of Qingcheng County?” The sudden question made Wu Xingzi nearly choke on his mouthful of porridge.

He hurriedly swallowed the mouthful down, and wiped his mouth. “Ah, yes, yes. I’m the adviser of Qingcheng County.”

“What sort of place is Qingcheng County?” Guan Shanjin looked like he was in the mood for casual conversation. He even picked some stir-fried bean sprouts and placed them in Wu Xingzi’s bowl.

To eat or not to eat? In a dilemma, Wu Xingzi looked at the beansprouts in his bowl, then sneaked a peek at Guan Shanjin. At the same time, he was agonising over how to introduce Qingcheng County to the man in front of him, and in a moment, he was stumped, falling into a daze with no reaction.

This, this, this was different from what he expected!

At the start, Wu Xingzi really wanted to be pigeon penpals with Guan Shanjin’s pengornis. His desire was sincere and genuine, and definitely not adulterated. Seeing how tender and caring Ansheng and Constable Zhang were to each other, how could he not have been envious?

He had already planned it all out. He would mail the drawing of his own pengornis to the other person, and if the other person liked it, he might send a normal response back. With the exchange of letters back and forth, they would then understand each other more in a few months. Later, they might consider meeting up, and if they were agreeable with each other, they would then settle down together.

However, he did not expect Guan Shanjin to be so zealous. Upon meeting, he brought him a few times to paradise, and made his whole body ache and weak. Now, he did not know what would happen next, and only wished to hurry home to look through The Pengornisseur to calm his nerves.

He could not deny that he had enjoyed it greatly, and he had really gone through overwhelming pleasures. Wu Xingzi touched his belly unconsciously, that place had started tingling out of the blue.

However… Wu Xingzi was very clear about his role in life. He, as a small village’s adviser, with a salary that was enough for him to survive and who stayed in a simple little house, was boring and ugly. He was clearly not worthy of Guan Shanjin nor did he dare to get close to him.

To be able to ascend this peak with Guan Shanjin, Wu Xingzi must have offered countless blessings to his gods in his previous life.

Finally, when Wu Xingzi had somewhat calmed down, he lowered his head and ate the vegetables. Taking a mouthful of the porridge to settle his nerves, he then replied, “Qingcheng County is a small village, ever since the Great Xia was formed 214 years ago, we’ve always been ranked last in the state system. We’re small, poor, and have a tiny population, but we’re all very close with each other. No major incidents have happened as well, and everything is going along as it should.”

“Oh?” Guan Shanjin gave a nod. “Have you ever thought of leaving Qingcheng County?” Then, he picked more vegetables and placed them in Wu Xingzi’s bowl again.

“Huh?” Wu Xingzi blinked, and shook his head without any consideration. “I’ve never thought of that. I want to live out my life in Qingcheng County.”

I’ve even prepared my gravesite!

“Why do you not want to leave?” Guan Shanjin’s questions came one after another, overwhelming Wu Xingzi a little. He was unable to eat and answer at the same time, but this porridge was too delicious. It would be such a waste if it cooled down, it would not taste as good anymore!

With no alternatives, Wu Xingzi could only lift the bowl up and gulp down the porridge. His stomach and nose were full of the pleasant warmth and fragrance of the porridge and he nearly ladled himself another bowl, but fortunately managed to resist doing so.