Chapter 21 - Why Must You Insist On It?

Staying in Goose City for a couple of days, it seemed like Guan Shanjin had some work to handle. After assigning a guard to follow Wu Xingzi, he disappeared.

Of course, Wu Xingzi would not let go of such a rare opportunity. Waking up early, he headed for the Peng Society with the guard following him.

When the familiar-looking salesman saw that it was him, he went up to them with a warm attitude. “Adviser Wu, our manager has been thinking about you since the past few days.”

“I’m grateful that Manager Rancui has been thinking about me. May I ask if he’s available to see me?” Wu Xingzi cupped his hands at him, his head had long been filled with thoughts about The Pengornisseur.

“Of course he is. The manager has reminded us over and over again that if we see Adviser Wu, we must invite you in for a chat.” The salesman’s friendliness made Wu Xingzi bashful yet happy. Who did not like to be missed?

Even more so when this had to do with fifty coins.

It was evident that the guard knew what the Peng Society and The Pengornisseur was about. He silently followed five steps behind Wu Xingzi. If not for the salesman’s glance towards him, Adviser Wu would have forgotten that someone was following behind him.

“This is?” Actually, the salesman did recognise this guard. Last month, when Manager Rancui wanted to stop the general from going to Qingcheng County, they had exchanged quite a few blows.

“This is…” Wu Xingzi was unable to answer. He looked at the guard apologetically and asked, “I’ve been negligent. May I ask, Sir, how should I address you?”

Wu Xingzi only knew that he was Guan Shanjin’s guard.

“I’m Hei’er.” The guard replied respectfully, then cupped his hands towards the salesman. “I’ve been commanded by the general to protect Adviser Wu. We fully trust Manager Rancui, but since we can’t defy our orders, we would like to request the manager to bear with us.”

“Uhh…” The guard had been very polite, and the salesman was unable to criticise him on any point. He also still clearly recalled the frightening memories of the conflict that had happened a while ago. There were still a few pavilions in the courtyard that could still not be used today. “I can bring you along, but when the manager is chatting with Adviser Wu, you should stand further away!”

“I understand, thank you very much.” Since the guard was bent on following him, Wu Xingzi did not reject him. He soon placed all his attention on The Pengornisseur and Rancui.

The salesman led the two people towards that familiar pavilion. Manager Rancui was already seated within and was sipping on his tea. When he looked up to see Adviser Wu, he revealed an indescribably beautiful smile.

“Adviser Wu.” Putting down the teacup, Rancui stood up and cupped his hands at Wu Xingzi, welcoming him. Looking behind Wu Xingzi, his smile turned colder. “Commander Hei, we meet again.”

“I’m Hei’er. We’ve caused a disturbance to the manager a few days ago.” Hei’er’s head was bowed, and his expression could not be seen clearly. He was also standing far away, but his voice was loud enough. Rancui snorted with an icy look on his face, then turned to Wu Xingzi immediately and smiled intimately at him.