Chapter 44 - Why Is It Lanterns Again??

Chapter 44 – Why Is It Lanterns Again??

Edited by DancingDolphinsYo

The third young miss of the Yue family was named Yue Mingzhu. She looked both enchanting and adorable, like a blooming peony. She was very pretty, her skin creamy and smooth. Coupled with a pair of thick, arched eyebrows, she was filled with a strong spirit that belonged to the girls of this border city.

She was already eighteen this year. In principle, she should already have become a mother to a few children. However, as she had always been the apple of her father’s eye, as well as being the youngest child at home, having one more mouth to feed was inconsequential to the Yue family. Her father was naturally delighted to keep her at home to pamper her further. Only when a man with a well-matched background appeared, knowing how to spoil Yue Mingzhu and one that Yue Mingzhu liked, would her father then start discussing her marriage.

Mr. Lu was naturally a good candidate.

Although he was a little old, his broad-minded appearance and his ethereal demeanour was very compatible with Yue Mingzhu. His character too was refined and cultured, and towards Yue Mingzhu, he was both respectful and loving. Old Master Yue was very satisfied with him.

The most important thing was that Yue Mingzhu liked Mr. Lu.

When Yue Mingzhu saw Mr. Lu for the first time in Mirror Temple, she fell for him immediately.

There were two large temples in Bastion City, each on top of a hill. One was in the south, and the other in the north. Perhaps because of the years of war in the borderlands, many of the residents of Bastion City had the habit of praying to the gods.

During the New Year, as well as other festivals, they would definitely head up to the temples to pray.

It was during the Spring Lantern Festival a year ago when Yue Mingzhu saw Mr. Lu while making her prayers.

Although the place where the temples of the gods were situated was a sacred place, due to the occasion, a few lanterns with scriptures written on them were hung up as well. The plain, simple strokes vividly displayed the characters within the verse. Mr. Lu happened to be standing under one of the lanterns, looking up and gazing at it.

At first glance, Yue Mingzhu felt that this man was too frail. Dressed in white, he looked even more slender. However, despite being very thin, he stood up very straight, and in Yue Mingzhu’s head, the phrase “a jade-like man” appeared. After observing him closely, she could no longer drag her eyes away.

So it turned out that there really could be such a person who could transcend worldliness, glowing like moonlight in this colourful world. Mr. Lu was half-turned away from her, and she could only see his side profile. The outline of his face was so gentle, as though it was carved by water, and his facial features were perfectly right, that any changes in them would result in imbalance. Especially those crystal-like black eyes of his were very serene, so much so that one could drown in them.

Yue Mingzhu’s wits had flown away. She ignored how embarrassing it was for her to stand foolishly in the corridor, staring at the man impolitely. Her burning gaze finally startled Mr. Lu, and he looked around uncertainly before cautiously glancing towards Yue Mingzhu.