Chapter 87 - Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining

With the drug’s effect rushing over him, not only did Wu Xingzi feel his body weaken, his brain turned blank and his tongue turned thick. Murmuring aloud, even he himself could not hear what he was saying clearly. It felt as though he was drifting up in the clouds, or floating along in a dream. He realised that at this moment, if he were to say anything, it would be nothing but the truth, and there was no way for his brain to lie or deceive.

He squinted his blurry eyes, staring straight at Guan Shanjin. Opening his mouth, he mumbled, “Say, that pink and adorable pengornis, Murong Chong, where did it come from?” That pengornis drawing held great credit for his love at first sight towards Ping Yifan, as the image found a firm hold in his heart.

The pengornis Murong Chong? Guan Shanjin froze, but he quickly understood what Wu Xingzi meant. Unable to stop himself from breaking out into sudden laughter, he pulled up the hand of the old quail to his lips, taking a bite. “What you’ve been thinking and pondering about, what you wanted an answer to, it’s the pengornis drawing?”

“Mn. I really, truly like that drawing very much, although it can’t compare to yours… Where did it come from?” Alright, Wu Xingzi was Wu Xingzi. Ever since the first time he laid his eyes on the vibrant world of pengornises, it had become the most important thing to him. Now that he had taken the truth-telling drug, he could no longer hide it.

“I asked Man Yue to draw it casually from my own pengornis.” Although it was not anything significant, Guan Shanjin still blushed a little. If this was an ordinary circumstance, he might not even have been willing to answer honestly, as he found it too embarrassing.

Hearing that, Wu Xingzi blinked slowly as his lips curled up in a smile. “You got Man Yue to draw your pengornis? You pulled it out and showed it to him?” Wu Xingzi’s mouth straightened a little, his eyes falling very naturally downwards. Unfortunately, he could only see his own languid legs and hips. After all, he was tucked firmly in Guan Shanjin’s arms.

“No, why do I have to pull it out and show it to Man Yue? Isn’t my pengornis drawing in the Pengornisseur already? I got Man Yue to draw according to it, and afraid that you would recognise it, I even got him to add some colour to hide it.”

It was truly a wonder as to how Wu Xingzi, this shy old thing, had gotten such an astonishing talent. His judging of the pengornises could be said to be piercing and sharp, and his ability to recognise people and faces might not even be as accurate as recognising their pengornises. He could even notice any discrepancies, and be able to identify that the pengornises of Ping Yifan and Guan Shanjin came from the same source.

“That was truly well-coloured,” Wu Xingzi exclaimed in praise. His mind naturally again went to Ping Yifan’s pengornis, and the memory of secretly enjoying it at night made his face flush red.

“Why did you pretend to be Ping Yifan?” Now that the matter of the pengornises had been clarified, it was time to ask about the owner of the pengornis. Guan Shanjin, while embracing Wu Xingzi, twitched and jerked. Unconsciously, he again wanted to refuse to answer. Wu Xingzi’s entire body was limp, and while trembling, he reached out, patting the man’s arm that was on his waist in consolation. Very quickly, the man behind him relaxed his tense muscles, exhaling slowly.