Chapter 41 - Will o' Wisp Lu's Tricks Are Rather Stale

The place where Mr. Lu was staying at was named Wangshu Residence. Its location was tranquil, with a forest of plum trees as its backdrop. The buildings were constructed rather tastefully, and were made from green bamboo. There was a remarkable feeling of serenity amongst the bustle.

The plum trees were right in the midst of flowering, and brilliant red bloomed everywhere. It was as though even the breeze blowing by was stained with rich colours. The view was extremely elegant, yet still very vivid, and Wu Xingzi was entranced.

This place was fairly similar to Mr. Lu. He recalled that slim figure dressed in white, beautiful and fair skinned as well as scholarly and refined. He was like a clear spring, a ray of moonlight, glimmering in one’s eyes and darting into their heart, completely unforgettable.

Seeing that he was Guan Shanjin’s teacher, Mr. Lu was definitely not young anymore. Still, he looked very youthful, just like a young man of twenty.

Hua Shu registered that Wu Xingzi had stopped and was staring into the forest. He could not disguise the annoyance in his eyes, and so he bowed his head a little as he urged, “Excuse me, Mr. Wu. Mr. Lu’s mealtime cannot be delayed, so please follow me closely.”

“Ah, oh, sorry, sorry.” Wu Xingzi jerked back into his senses. He reddened, hurriedly cupping his hands in apology and followed behind Hua Shu properly as they walked into the bamboo house on the left.

“Mr. Lu, Mr. Wu is here.”

“Mn.” In the bamboo house, there was a dainty round table. On it, there were a few dishes, and two sets of bowls and chopsticks were set across each other. The decor was simple and plain, yet was heavily laden with subtle elegance. The window, covered with a bamboo screen, was half-open, and outside was the plum tree forest, the light wind filling the entire place with the scent of plum blossoms.

Mr. Lu was reclining on the daybed under the window on the right. Between his almost translucent fingers was a half-read book. After hearing their footsteps, he lifted his lids slightly and looked over. Wu Xingzi quickly cupped his hands together.

“It’s been a while, Mr. Wu. How have you been?” Mr. Lu put the book down, standing up rather ungainly to welcome him. His leg looked as though it had recovered greatly, but he still needed to keep it rested.

“Many thanks, I’m very well. How is Mr. Lu’s injury?”

“There’s no longer a need for Mr. Wu to be concerned. My leg is fine now, the only thing being that I’m still rather clumsy with it, so please don’t mind me.” Hua Shu helped Mr. Lu to take a seat by the round table, then retreated a few steps and stood servilely in a corner of the house.

“Mr. Wu, quick, please take a seat. I apologise for having only vegetarian dishes, as I’ve been a vegetarian for many years. Please forgive my impoliteness.” Only after Mr. Lu’s words did Wu Xingzi now take a seat, and he swiftly glanced at the dishes on the table.

It was true that the dishes were all vegetarian, and not a trace of meat could be seen. However, the colours of the dishes complemented each other very well. The serving plates were simple, all dainty and green, the colour deepening towards the center. They looked just like lotus leaves, tender and delicate.