Chapter 19 -It Always Backfires When The General Tries to Fuck A Certain Someone

Chapter 19 — It Always Backfires When The General Tries to Fuck A Certain Someone Over

Edited by: DancingDolphinsYo

The south of the city was split into two areas. The upper area was where the whorehouses congregated, and the lower area was for places of entertainment, with abundant teahouses and restaurants.

At this timing, all the shops in the lower area had closed. The streets were cold and quiet all around, but this was the time when the upper area was bustling.

As there were many people gathered around the area, hawkers were plenty. Stores selling noodles and porridge were all open for customers. Across the street, there were fragrant whorehouses with pleasant music drifting from them. Handsome pages and pretty ladies were all smiling and laughing gaily at the doors welcoming customers in. It felt as though even the night breeze was filled with the scent of cosmetics, as well as the laughter and cheers of the ladies.

With an arm around Wu Xingzi’s waist, Guan Shanjin strolled about casually. Even though he was only wearing a simple black robe, the quality and price of the flowing material used was evident to everyone.

Despite looking so, none of the pages nor the ladies dared to call out to him, and all obediently avoided him.

Wu Xingzi however did not notice such small matters. All he could see were the rows of stores selling noodles, porridge and snacks. Wriggling his nose slightly, he sniffed at the aroma of the food in the air.

“What would you like to eat?” Guan Shanjin brought Wu Xingzi to take a look at every stall, his lack of interest could vaguely be felt.

He had already eaten at House of Taotie. Although the food was light tasting, every dish was exquisite. The skills used in preparing the food was flawless and it was perfect.

The flavours naturally were incomparable, it definitely lived up to Su Yang’s reputation for indulging in creature comforts.

Needless to say, the sort of crude food he was looking at now could not rouse his interest. However, looking at how Wu Xingzi was so happy, the slight unhappiness he felt originally faded away without a reason.

“What would you like to eat?” Wu Xingzi had looked at every stall. Every single one of them had something to attract him. After all, these were stalls that were open across whorehouses, the food they sold were finer and more delicious than other stalls. Especially that stall selling dumplings, every shrimp dumpling looked fat and scrumptious, almost the size of a baby’s fist. The skin was almost half-translucent, and the fresh, juicy shrimp together with the chopped cabbage and some chives looked bright and lovely. Wu Xingzi’s mouth was about to overflow with drool.

“What about dumplings?” Guan Shanjin naturally paid attention to Wu Xingzi’s every move. He noticed that he had taken a couple more glances at the dumpling stall, and it was clear what occupied his mind.

Feeling happy, Wu Xingzi nodded his head continuously. He took the lead and tugged Guan Shanjin to the dumpling stall.

“Boss, a bowl of dumpling noodles. What about you?”

“I’m still full, just order for yourself.” Guan Shanjin patted the back of Wu Xingzi’s hand, then found a table and pulled him there.

The boss selling the dumplings was a sturdy man of about age fifty. He acknowledged his order loudly, then deftly started preparing the noodles. Quickly, a steaming bowl of dumpling noodles was ready, and in it were about seven or eight big dumplings, floating about in the soup made from seafood stock.