1. YOU'RE NOT ALL THAT.

🦋MIA🦋

The airport is a bustling hive of activities, travellers from all walks of life dressed in diverse cultural attire arriving back home from long journeys as others take awaited flights, the sounds of rolling suitcases intermingling with the burst of laughter and heartfelt family reunions.

As I step out of the private jet, I catch a glimpse of families embracing with tears of joy streaming down their faces as they welcome their loved ones back home, friends bidding tearful goodbyes, their voices a blend of comfort and love. I take a deep breath as I envision the warm embraces of my family awaiting me but as I make my way through the airport, no familiar face comes to sight. The absence of their presence instantly washes over me with a mixture of emotions, sadness, longing and disappointment. My anticipation of a joyful reunion after months of being away in Rome, Italy crumbles leaving a void in my heart.

A cold drafty wind is what ushers me back home, cold shivers raking through my skin as I run towards a sleek black Rolls Royce phantom. The black lace mermaid gown adorning my body drapes like a waterfall, caressing the air with every step I take, my purple heels striking the ground. I'm running so fast I hope I don't fall face flat on the ground like last time. Reaching the car I swing open the passenger door slipping inside, the soft and cozy hand stitched leather seat warm in the enclosed space as I roll up the windows to shield myself from the harsh breeze. Leaning back, I shut my eyes in exhaustion and jet lag unable to master another ounce of strength. This has been my life as a fashion model since I turned thirteen years old, I'm nineteen now. All these years have been a rigorous routine filled with runway shows, fashion weeks, fittings and high profile photoshoots for prestigious fashion magazines and tv commercials.

Every morning when I wake up I prepare myself for yet another day in the spotlight. The latest designer outfits are carefully selected for me by talented stylists to showcase my impeccable taste in fashion with each fabric whether satin, chiffon or lace stunningly crafted into a work of art. Back to back appointments is what awaits me at every crack of dawn until the night winds down.

I attended a prestigious private high school and whenever I was on breaks and holidays, all I did was model for luxurious fashion brands that crowned me their brand ambassador and worshipped the ground I walk on. I never spend my days going out, having fun with friends or indulging in the little pleasures of life. My world revolves around a team of makeup artists, hairstylists, fashion designers, modeling agents, photographers, celebrities and personal bodyguards, a life that demands perfection.

My life is a carefully choreographed routine that has me doing the same dance every single day. The cycle repeats itself and I'm trapped in a never ending loop of a colourless and soul sucking void. I can't help but wonder what it would feel like to untangle myself from the chains of my predictable existence and embrace exploration of something more.

I should have joined university last year but ended up taking a gap year because of my busy career that demands dedication and unyielding resilience. Now I'm finally ready to join tomorrow to further my studies. It'll be the same monotonous routine like it has been all these years, school, studies and modeling.

Despite the demanding and fast paced world of fashion and modelling full of relentless and unpredictable work schedules, I don't mind being a part of it. My parents are beyond proud of me and the tremendous achievements I've garnered through the years. They've done alot for me and all I want is to give back and make them proud. That's why I remain passionate and dedicated about my craft. After all, I'm lucky enough to be living a dream that only a selected few get to experience.

My parents dream for me has always been to be a super model.

As I settle into the plush seats warmth envelopes me in a cocoon of comfort, embracing my body and soothing my senses. The coziness inside offers me solace and a shield from the harsh breeze outside. "Don't I deserve atleast a welcome back home greeting, Mr. Ezekiel," my lips curve into a smile as I scroll through my phone, my thumb gliding across the smooth glass surface. My driver remains silent and I only shrug not bothering to glance at him. He has been my driver for years and our conversations are always not merely a means of passing time but a deep harmonious exchange of perspectives and ideas. He's a chatty old man with worldly knowledge and I always look forward to talking to him. His silence right now is surprising considering he hasn't seen me this past month but I don't want to push him into talking to me, maybe he had an awful day just like me and isn't in the mood for chit chat.