14. THIS IS IT, WHERE I BELONG.

🦋MIA🦋

As I ascend higher into the sky, nestled within the confines of the hot air balloon's sturdy wicker basket, a breathtaking panorama unfolds before me. The world below stretches out like a vibrant tapestry, painted with hues of emerald green, golden fields and meandering rivers that resemble veins of silver. The warm rays of the sun shower my face, infusing my being with a comforting glow. The celestial ball of light illuminates the world beneath me, casting long shadows that dance across the lands, creating a mesmerizing play of light and dark. The wind, a gentle and playful companion, caresses my skin, carrying whispers of distant lands and untold stories. It swirls around me, tickling my senses and tangling my hair. As the hot air balloon glides effortlessly through the atmosphere, I'm suspended in a moment of pure bliss, my heart overflowing with joy, peace and happiness.

The gentle hum of the burner is providing a rhythmic soundtrack, punctuating the silence as it propels the balloon higher into the sky. The feeling of weightlessness and freedom is unlike anything I've ever experienced before. We've been in the hot air balloon for almost an hour now and I'm enjoying every second of it. I even bought myself a camera and brought it with me to capture the magical moments. The lens has become an extension of my vision, allowing me to freeze time and preserve the memories forever. There are other passengers with me too and it's more fun experiencing this together, our laughter and excited chatter filling the basket. Strangers have become friends as we bond over the shared experience of floating above the world, each of us captivated by the beauty surrounding us.

Click after click, I take more pictures with my camera. The time for landing finally comes and it's yet another thrilling moment. The pilot's voice crackles through the intercom guiding us through the necessary preparations to ensure a safe descent. The balloon gradually descends and the earth below begins to take on greater detail. I can see the patchwork quilt of fields, the winding rivers and clusters of trees in the distance. The world seems both vast and intimate at the same time. The pilot gives the signal to prepare for landing and we gather our belongings, securing them tightly as we brace ourselves for impact. The ground draws closer with each passing moment and a rush of adrenaline courses through my veins.

As the basket touches the ground, a jolt runs through my body and a wave of relief washes over me. We've landed safely. The balloon slows to a stop and a collective sigh of satisfaction echoes amongst the passengers. Once out of the balloon, I scream at the top of my voice in excitement and fulfillment, the sound echoing across the open fields and some of the passengers laughing softly at me and even joining in on my mirthful celebration. I've had so much fun in this new experience and it's a beautiful memory I'll always hold on to. Little random things can bring alot of joy.

I make sure to eagerly snap lots of pictures with the other passengers before leaving the site and heading to the road, hailing a passing taxi. I wasn't in the mood to drive today so I decided to take a taxi. As it makes its way through the bustling streets, I spot a quaint little café on the corner and without hesitation, I ask the driver to make a quick stop. Stepping out into the sunshine, I enter the café, a delightful aroma of coffee and pastries greeting me. The menu displays a tantalizing array of options but my eyes are immediately drawn to a vibrant image of a strawberry frappuccino. I place my order, eagerly anticipating the sweet, refreshing taste that awaits me.

With the frappuccino in hand, I continue my journey, savouring each sip as the cool sweetness dances on my tastebuds. The creamy texture and burst of strawberry flavour is creating a delightful symphony of sensations. The music club is holding a meeting today and it's commencing in the next thirty minutes so I get back in the taxi, making my way back to campus. On arrival, the music club meeting room comes into view and I quicken my pace, stepping inside and finding fellow club members gathering, their instruments in hand. I'm ready to immerse myself in the world of music.