16. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR?

LUCAS.

Mia gets up disposing the empty food containers before coming back to the bench. Her face is calm as she looks around, loosening her bun and her long silky hair flowing down her back. I can't stop myself from staring at the beauty infront of me. I'm slowly getting consumed with every little piece of her. The way she talks, laughs, smiles, pouts and jokes around. Her existence truly fascinates and intrigues me. She isn't perfect and never pretends to be and that's one of the things I like about her, she's real.

"What would you do if you woke up to finding you're a boy?"

"I don't even want to imagine that." She snorts laughing softly.

"Why, don't you want to know how it feels to pee while standing?" I ask making her laugh even more.

"No, I can't even imagine myself taking out that thing to pee."

We laugh heartily together, what she has just said still ringing in my mind. Truly there's no therapy like sitting alone in a secluded place with someone you feel comfortable with. The sadness and sorrows that burden your heart gradually fade away into the background, mending even the most shattered pieces of hearts. "What thing?"

"That thing between your legs." She smiles pointing and gazing between my legs.

We burst out in laughter, ignoring the odd stares we're getting from everyone sitting around in the park. "You mean this?" Getting up I pat my crotch and Mia's pretty eyes widen, almost bulging out of their sockets, totally shocked by what I've just done.

Like the shy girl she is, she laughs covering her cute face with her hands, so adorable. "I can't believe you just did that infront of me!" She exclaims amid laughter still covering her face.

"It has a name you know." I grab my crotch again but this time I do it with more strength and end up hurting myself. I swear under my breath groaning in pain and struggling to sit down.

"Please don't tell me you named it because that would be weird as hell."

Mia removes her hands from her face and glances at me with her eyebrows furrowed only to start laughing after realizing what I've done to myself. "Mia how can you laugh at me like this. I hate you so fucking much." I whisper still groaning in pain as she laughs harder.

"It's your fault. You shouldn't have done that in public, you're so shameless."

"When is your birthday?"

"7th September." She answers and my body stiffens as I stare at her in disbelief. No fucking way, this is unbelievable.

Noticing her scrutinizing stare on me, I quickly compose myself before she can ask any questions about my sudden change.

"What of you, when is your birthday?"

"I was born in September too, I'll tell you the date someday." I avoid her eyes and she arches an eyebrow but doesn't say anything about it.

Looking around I contemplate if I should smoke or not because now I'm not as calm as I was earlier. This place doesn't look like a place people smoke in, there are no ashtrays here or lingering smoke scent. Instead it's a clean and well lit park. Deciding against it, I redirect my attention back to Mia, channeling all my focus on her. "What's your worst fear?" I quickly ask to keep the conversation flowing and distract myself from the urge to smoke.

"Being forgotten and replaced by the people I care about and matter most to me."

"Can I ask you something?" I ask her again and she nods. I have endless questions for her today. "Have you ever felt like you've known someone for so long even though that's not the case and you've only known this person for months?"