32. LUCAS AND I.

🦋MIA🦋

The popping and crackling sounds of the enormous bonfire graces the entire place as we watch the flames and little sparks sizzle and flare up in the wind, lighting the surroundings, the small branches slowly burning down to ashes. The warmth emanating from the roaring inferno is embracing the gathering, providing respite from the cool breeze that's sweeping through the entire field. In this mesmerizing scene, people from all walks of life are united, their faces shining in the vibrant glow. Some are sitting on soft and cosy blankets, their eyes fixed on the flame, while others are dancing to the soothing music. Laughter and joy ripple through the crowd, intertwining with the crackling sounds and creating an atmosphere of shared celebration of a new year. I would rather be here with them in the open field staring at the bonfire with a bottle of beer in hand than in a room pretending to enjoy a grand mega party. It's a reminder to me that joy can be found in the company of loved ones, in the embrace of nature's wonders and in the appreciation of life's simple gestures. It's simple things like this that make me happy.

With a bottle of beer clutched in my hand, I take a moment to absorb the scene unfolding before me. The cool glass feels refreshing against my palm, condensation glistening like droplets of dew on a summer morning. The amber liquid within swirls gently, capturing the flickering light of the bonfire and reflecting the warmth of the flames. As I lift the bottle to my lips, the effervescence tickles my senses, releasing a chorus of bubbles that tease my tongue with their lively dance. In the company of friends, their laughter and conversations intermingle with the sounds of the bonfire, creating a harmonious blend of human connection and nature's raw beauty. It is in these moments of shared mirth that true happiness resides.

It's not only the bonfire that's burning tonight but my heart too, its burning flames mirroring the inferno raging within my being. The fire inside me is burning brighter than the fire around me. I can still feel the hot flames flaring in every part of my body. The very essence of my soul has been ignited and engulfed in a fervent blaze that's consuming my every thought and sensation. Searing heat is radiating through me, seeping into my veins and I'm helpless in its grip. When Lucas kissed me, he set my heart on fire and I'm still lost in the taste of his lips. When our lips met, an electric current surged between us, setting my entire being ablaze. The taste of his lips was a blend of sweetness and desire, an intoxicating elixir that engulfed my senses. It's a taste I can still savor, etching itself into the recesses of my mind and lingering like a smoldering ember. Now, my heart is a blazing hearth, consumed by an ache that only Lucas can quel.

Every fibre of my being is longing for his touch and his presence, as if he alone holds the power to tame the wild flames engulfing me. The yearning is like a raw, unrelenting hunger gnawing at my core and leaving me restless and incomplete.

Running my thumb on my bottom lip I feel those damn goosebumps again.

Feeling strong arms encircling my waist with a protective strength, I turn my head to steal a glance at Lucas as he rests his chin atop my head, the weight of it grounding me in the moment. Damn him for being so tall and towering over me. "If you continue running your finger on your soft lips like that, I'll kiss your face off. Stop tempting me." He whispers in my ear and I smile leaning back on him, the heat of his breath lingering on my neck. I love being this close to him that I don't want him to move away from me, even for a second.

I'm cherishing every second with him, not wanting him to move away in fear that any distance between us will shatter the fragile bubble we've created.

I've left a whole year behind me now and I'm starting a new one all over again.

I'm embarking on a new year with a fresh journey and there's a renewed hope glimmering within me. It's a beacon of possibility, flickering with the promise of better days and untapped potential. The slate is clean and the canvas of this new year lies before me, ready to be painted with the vibrant strokes of new experiences and opportunities.