21. GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER BETTER.

🦋MIA🦋

I snatch Lucas's white cap from him, placing it on my head and adjusting it to fit me snugly as we stroll through the aisles of the supermarket, having completed our shopping. As we wander aimlessly in the supermarket, the fluorescent lights overhead illuminate the colourful array of products lining the shelves. The scent of fresh produce mingles with the aroma of freshly baked bread, creating a tantalising atmosphere. Shoppers are bustling around us, their shopping carts filled with groceries and their conversations forming a gentle hum in the background. Our footsteps echo softly on the polished linoleum floor as we meander through the aisles, occasionally picking up random items and examining them with curiosity.

Eventually, we find ourselves in the bicycles section, surrounded by an array of two wheeled vehicles and my eyes flicker in excitement at the sight. I've been planning on buying myself one, the big problem is I don't know how to ride a bicycle. "I want to buy a bicycle so I can ride it from my apartment to campus instead of driving a car."

Lucas also looks at the bicycles touching and checking some of them. "That sounds like a good idea."

"A great idea." The rows of bicycles vary in size, colour and style, each with its own unique characteristics. I check a mint green one that's cute and comfortable. "If you were to choose between a motorcycle and a bicycle. Which one would it be?"

"You already know the answer to that question. Why're you still asking?" He questions shoving his hands inside his pockets, something he's so used to doing.

"I want to hear it from you. Motorcycle or bicycle?"

"Mia of course it's a motorcycle. My motorcycle is a part of me. I can't live without it."

Lucas rarely drives a car, he prefers his motorcycle which he really loves.

"You have to choose a bicycle that suits you, one that you can ride easily and comfortably." I hear him say behind me. There are so many good bicycles here I'm spoilt for choice. After checking all of them I settle on the mint green one. It's sturdy with a comfortable saddle, stable tires and a good upright position. I also make sure to buy a helmet, lights and a lock as well. "You should get a bell too." Lucas picks one of the bells and we both check it. "On those days that you'll be late for lectures and riding fast, you'll have to warn the passersby that you're approaching. Since you're always late for class, you're going to be using the bell alot." He adds and I hit his arm softly. He's trying to get on my nerves now.

"I've only been tardy a few times." I shrug and he gives me a blank stare. "Okay a number of times but that's changing now."

"Most of the lecturers know you as Mia the latecomer." Lucas pinches my cheek softly and I slap his hand away as he laughs at me.

We carry everything to the car before walking down the street and stepping inside a fine dining restaurant for lunch. The interior is a masterpiece of design, meticulously crafted to create a luxurious ambience. The painted ceilings are a sight to behold, adorned with intricate patterns and delicate brushstrokes that tell stories of art and history. As we walk further into the restaurant, our eyes are drawn to the centrepiece of the room, a grand beautiful white chandelier hanging majestically on the ceiling. It's radiating a soft and warm glow casting an enchanting light that dances on the walls and tables below. Taking our seats, we settle into the plush chairs, the table before us impeccably set with crisp white linens, polished silverware and delicate stemware.

Almost everyone in the restaurant is staring at Lucas, the tattoos adorning his arms and fingers peeking out from beneath the fabric of his tshirt. Their whispers are spreading like wildfire, carrying on the currents of judgement. Eyes narrowed, lips pursed and heads inclined their expressions are painted with disapproval. Lucas notices it and scoffs shaking his head. He can sense their unspoken words hanging in the air, laden with prejudice and ignorance. "Ignore them. They're judging me just by the ink on my skin."