2. A NEW START

Jakoda's aesthetic.

🦋MIA🦋

A familiar sense of excitement and warmth fills my heart as I approach the mansion lined with blooming flowers and freshly cut grass, four gigantic bodyguards adorned in black suits keeping watchful gazes on the surroundings. My hand hovers above the doorknob as I pause for a moment before my fingers curl on it, the door swinging open and a familiar scent of home and comfort engulfing my senses. Flinging off my high heels and stepping inside the house, the cool and smooth polished marble floors sooth my feet with every step I take to the kitchen breathing in the aroma of meals the chefs have cooked for dinner. I throw my heels on the floorignoring the weary looks the army of servants are giving me and opening the fridge taking out a bowl of luscious strawberries. This is exactly what I need after the long and exhausting day I've had.

King, my ten year old brother sprints to the kitchen in excitement as his curly jet black hair bounces with every step he takes, his almond shaped deep brown eyes sparkling and lighting up the entire room. My youngest brother is the epitome of charm and cuteness that no one can resist, his heart brimming with kindness and empathy. Even at such a tender age, he's already the heart and soul of our family. Just like I expected, he's wearing his favourite pair of pyjamas of Spiderman, his favourite superhero printed on the front. "Mia, I missed you so much!" He falls into my arms and I envelope him in a tight hug, his smaller frame nestled within mine. With the top of his head resting below my chin, I cradle him gently drawing him closer into my embrace.

"I missed you too. Hug me tighter." I whisper to him and he tightens his arms around me, the warmth radiating through his body creating an aura of safety, comfort and security to me. I was only away from home for a month this time but it felt like a year because I was away from my family. The sibling bond King and I share is one that's deep and can never be broken. We've shared joyous moments of laughter and adventures together and it always fills my heart with profound happiness.

As we release the embrace, a sense of contentment lingers in the air leaving King and I with a lasting impression of love, solace and affection. I pick the bowl of strawberries that I placed on the marble island, walking out of the kitchen with it and King closely behind, his footsteps sounding closer. "What are you still doing up, you should be in bed fast asleep by now. It's past your bedtime."

The soft cushions of the comfortable couch embrace my body as I nestle on it making sure to create a cozy space for King who snuggles closer to me, resting his head on my shoulder and picking a strawberry from the bowl. Trolls is playing in the living room TV and must be the animation keeping him up. "I'm enjoying the freedom since mum and dad aren't back yet." He answers as I pop one of the strawberries in my mouth, a sweet flavour thrashing out instantly. I love this fruit and is obsessed with it.

"Where is Tommy, he was supposed to make sure you're in bed by 8:00 pm."

"He invited Lila over and left with her minutes ago."