17. IT'S A GOOD DAY.

🦋MIA🦋

Tapping my feet on the tiled floor, I stare at the tattoos inked on my fingers in an attempt to avoid Ava's roommate and her boyfriend who are cuddling on the bed. I came over to study with Ava so we can go over today's notes but it seems we can't do that in this room considering how her roommate and her clingy boyfriend are all over each other in our presence like this. "I think they were having sex last night in the middle of the night. Even though they were trying to keep it down so I don't notice, I could still hear them groaning, gasping and moaning. It was so awkward for me I just wanted to sprint out of the room or disappear." Ava whispers to me and I clasp my hand over my mouth trying not to laugh out loud. "Being in the same room with a horny couple fucking like rabbits is a nightmare."

Thank God I'll never be in such an awkward situation, it sounds terrible. "You can come spend the night at my apartment. With how they're all over each other, I don't think the guy is leaving tonight." I offer because I'm pretty sure she isn't comfortable and free around the touchy and overly intimate couple.

"I don't want to be a bother to you, I'll just put up with them or listen to death metal on my headphones."

"Come on, it's clear you want to give them privacy and space. My brother and his irritating girlfriend already left so there is much room in the apartment. We can also study there because we clearly can't do it here with all the distractions."

Ava agrees and gathers her stuff that she needs in a shoulder bag, picking the revision books and we bid farewell to her roommate and her boyfriend before leaving. They have the room to themselves so now they're free to go crazy.

"I'm sure they're relieved that we finally left." Ava utters and we burst out laughing because we've been holding back all this time. "Last night was a nightmare for me, a terrible and scary nightmare. The guy laughs when he cums, imagine that. My roommate kept asking him why he does that and all he said was he enjoys sex. Seriously, who laughs after a release, that's crazy."

Welcome to the dorm life where your roommate's partner can practically move in.

One of the doors swings opens and Jakoda walks out straightening his black leather jacket. Upon seeing Ava and I a smile spreads on his lips as he walks over to us. Then I notice how tousled his hair is, red velvet lipstick smeared on his lips. "Mia." He calls out still smiling at me. "We keep running into each other. I'm beginning to think it's destiny." All I can do is snicker already used to him being this sly. He runs his intense gaze on me, eyeing me up and down from head to toe. "You look ravishing." He whispers lowly, his pink lips parted. After a long moment he finally averts his gaze from me to Ava who is next to me. "Who is your cute friend?"

"Ava meet Jakoda." I introduce them to each other even though Ava already knows him. "Jakoda this is Ava, my friend."

"I know you actually, we attended the same high school. You were two classes ahead of me so you probably can't remember me." Ava quickly mentions to him.

Jakoda pauses for a moment, his eyes scanning Ava's features as if searching for traces of familiarity. Memories from their high school days seem to begin to surface as he tries to place her among the countless faces that had passed through the corridors during those years. "I remember you." He finally states. "You used to be a loner sitting all by yourself in corners so my bestfriends and I would keep you company whenever we came across you."

Ava laughs in embarrassment keeping her eyes glued on the floor like it's the most interesting thing at the moment. "Yes, in high school, I was a loner. You and your bestfriends were the few people who didn't mind being around me. I'm also terrible at making new friends, socializing makes me anxious even though it shouldn't."