6. I FEEL...EMPTY

🦋MIA🦋

As I stand before the mirror, I'm enveloped in the allure of my full black ensemble. The bandeau top hugs my figure, accentuating my curves. Its smooth, dark fabric contrasts elegantly elegantly against my fair skin drawing attention to my décolletage. The miniskirt snugly fits my waist adding a touch of edginess to the ensemble. Its glossy surface reflects the ambient light giving it a subtle sheen that catches the eye. My gaze drifts upwards and I'm captivated by the reflection of my long, straight black hair. Each strand is straightened allowing it to cascade down my back like a shimmering waterfall. The sleekness of my hair enhances its natural luster, making it appear healthy and radiant. As my fingers glide through the soft strands, I revel in the sensation, appreciating the effort I've put into creating its flawless look.

A pearly diamond choker rests gracefully against my neck, encrusted with sparkling gems that catch the light of the room. The choker adds a touch of glamour to my overall appearance elevating the ensemble from simple elegance to a captivating statement. As I take in my reflection, a smile tugs at the corners of my perfectly lined lips. The pearly choker adds a subtle glimmer to my smile, enhancing its radiance and bringing out the natural beauty of my features. Confidence emanates from within, as the combination of my outfit and styling choices allow my true self to shine through. The orientation week has finally come to an end and tonight marks the grand finale, a vibrant and energetic freshers party. Excitement courses through my veins as I prepare for the evening ahead, eager to immerse myself in the university experience.

Leaving the apartment, I join Tommy, Vin, Aria and Jodan in Tommy's black Ranger Rover. My brother, the charismatic and adventurous soul, takes charge of the evening, offering to drive us to the party. The scent of new leather mingles with the laughter and chatter that fills the air. We roll down the windows allowing a cool breeze to caress our faces as we embark on our journey to the heart of the campus. It's my first university party and I can't wait to enjoy myself tonight. I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun.

Hearing loud music blasting from afar, Tommy shouts in excitement in the car, his voice blending with the the pulsating bass and I quickly cover my ears with my hands, cupping them tightly to muffle the irritating noise. He dances on his seat that transforms to a dance floor while laughing heartily as I gaze at him. Sometimes I wonder if this crazy guy with a whirlwind of energy is my brother but I still love him regardless. "Don't cause trouble tonight. We aren't in high school anymore and I won't cover for you this time." I warn him and he flashes a mischievous smile at me, going as far as winking just to annoy me. This has trouble written all over it.

Tommy and I are no longer carefree teenagers and the consequences of our actions hold weightier consequences. I won't be his accomplice this time because I'm no longer willing to shoulder the burden of protecting him from his own recklessness.

"No promises." He smiles wickedly as we enter the hall that's a riot of colour and movement, students filling the space with their bodies swaying and gyrating to the rhythm, their voices blending into a cacophony of laughter and shouts. The dance floor is a sea of bodies, each person lost in their own euphoria and surrendering to the intoxicating beats. Multicolored lights flush and flicker casting a mesmerising kaleidoscope of shades across the hall. The ceiling seems to disappear amidst a labyrinth of lasers, creating a celestial spectacle that adds to the otherworldly ambience as the towering speakers pump out a stream of music, the bass reverberating through the floor, rattling the very core of the hall.

The students themselves are a sight to behold. The girls shimmer in their glamorous outfits, their dresses adorned with sequins, glitter and lace, reflecting the dazzling lights. Their hair cascades in waves and curls, styled to perfection. The boys, not to be outdone, spot sharp and sleek blazers and tailored shirts, each outfit a statement and reflection of their desire to be noticed. Remembering Ava's text message, I leave the hall heading to the dormitory to pick her up. As I make my way through the corridors, various scents of perfumes invade my senses with each passing student leaving a trail of fragrance. Some of them are fixing their outfits, adjusting their makeup and ensuring every detail is in place. A mirror reflects their eager gazes as they strive to present their best selves. I can't help but be swept away by the energy and excitement filling the air.