9. FAMILY.

LUCAS

As I carefully pour the amber liquid each glass, the rich smoky aroma of scotch fills the air. The glasses clink softly as I carry them over to the living room where Malin, Jakoda and Tk eagerly await our evening ritual. Malin, with his easy smile and sharp wit has always been the heart of the group. He majors in Real Estate and his passion for it always been evident in the way he talks about the market trends and investment opportunities. He possesses an innate ability to visualize potential in properties that others might overlook. Tk, on the other hand, majors in Architecture. His attention to detail is second to none, as he learns to sketch blueprints and bring structures to life on paper. His architectural designs will not be merely buildings but a work of art. Jakoda majors in human resource and it has shaped him into a natural mediator, helping in solving conflicts. He has the ability to connect with people at a really deep level. As for my own pursuit, I find solace in the world of finance and accounting. I'm drive by numbers, fascinated by the intricate web of transactions that shape the business world. Analyzing financial statements, assessing investment opportunities and strategizing for long term success invigorate me.

Malin, Jakoda, Tk and I grew up together. We've been friends for years since childhood and always have one another's back no matter what. Our loyalty runs deeper than blood. We're more than friends, we're brothers, a chosen family. Together, the four of us form a tight knit unit, bound by shared experiences and unwavering loyalty. We've weathered storms and celebrated triumphs side by side, always supporting and encouraging one another. Our friendship is the foundation ofln which we've built our dreams and aspirations, and we trust that it'll continue guiding us into the future.

We live a life where part time jobs are a necessity to support our parents and pay for our tuition fees. Despite the constant struggles we all face, we don't let them limit us from being happy. We don't let these circumstances define us or hinder our pursuit of happiness. We live our lives to the fullest and make every second and moment count. Your happiness comes from within you and not from anyone or anything.

You always have to put yourself first because no one can ever love you more than you love yourself.

"I prefer scorch on the rocks to this shit." Malin picks his glass, twirling it in disinterest.

"Do I look like a bartender to you. You're in my house so drink what you're given."

Malin is the silent one amongst us four. Even though he's always quiet, when he talks you find yourself listening keenly to him all through because he's super intelligent, intellectual and always hungry for more information be it factual or behaviour about his peers. He's also cautious and thinks things through unlike Jakoda, Tk and I who are impulsive. When he's quiet it's not because he's shy or awkward rather it's because he doesn't want to waste his precious time and energy on something he deems meaningless and unworthy. He's the type of person who can read you with only a glance and it's intriguing. His personality stands out among many.

Tk is the playful and vibrant one who is always joking around. His infectious laughter and mischievous grin are trademarks of his lively personality. Even though he's annoying and we get tired of his corny jokes and pranks all the time, he's a genuinely nice person. Jakoda is the loud one who never shuts up. His lifestyle is one characterized by frequent and casual sexual encounters with multiple partners. He possesses a magnetic charm which makes it easier for him to captivate and seduce women. When it comes to emotions and relationships, he's detached and wary of commitment, preferring excitement of new encounters over long term emotional bonds. He never gets too deeply invested in any one woman. He's quite entertaining as well and caring to the people he holds dear to him.

Even though my three bestfriends drive me crazy all the fucking time I still love, care and watch out for them all the time. They're my brothers after all. "What's really going on between you and this Mia girl I keep hearing so much about. Jakoda told me all about it." Tk asks me curiously. He has been out of town for weeks assisting his dad manage their small farm business and is now finally back home.