36. OPTIMISTIC.

🦋MIA🦋

Stepping out of class, I clutch my backpack securely, walking down the bustling hallway, the cool breeze of the winter greeting me. The chatter of students, the sound of footsteps echoing against the tiled floor and the distant hum of activity creates a symphony of everyday life. I came back to campus on the weekend for the second semester. Christmas break is over and we're now back to studies. The first semester was tough for me, a challenging journey of ups and downs, late night study sessions and moments of self doubt. But I'm sure this second one won't be as challenging. Dashing out of the hall, I reach the open expanse of the football field, a wave of energy washing over me. The crisp air fills my lungs as I quicken my pace, the football players in the distance catching my eye as they practice for an upcoming game, the thud of the ball and shouts of encouragement filling the air. Without hesitation, I pick up the football lying nearby and with a confident grin, I throw it towards them in excitement, watching it soar through the air and one of them catching it swiftly. He laughs heartily, saluting me and I salute right back as his teammates cheer for us in appreciation. I'm full of energy, strength and optimism today. I'm looking forward to new things and creating amazing and joyful experiences.

Reaching the shade and opening the wooden doors, I step inside and my eyes meet Lucas's. Damn, he has the most beautiful eyes in the whole wide world. They gaze into mine with an intensity that never fails to make my heart skip a beat. He rises to his feet, coming to the door and reaching forward, taking me in his arms and hugging me. I breath in his intoxicating scent that always consumes me, calming me and I want it on my skin too. In this moment, it feels like the rest of the world has faded away, leaving just the two of us in our own little bubble. "Hey beautiful."

"Hey handsome."

He holds my hand leading me to the bench and we sit side by side as he takes out a joint and lighter from his pocket. "Chipmunk, you're so excited to be back in school while I'm fucking tired and bored of it. It's sucking the energy out of me." He flicks his thumb over the lighter, lighting the joint.

"I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and be optimistic." That's exactly what my dad told me to do months ago.

He gazes at me for a moment as he takes a long drag of the joint, his gaze fixed on me with a curious intensity. As he exhales a cloud of smoke, it curls lazily in the air before dissipating into nothingness. "Optimistic, I'll try that shit and see if it changes anything. What are you upto? I'm free for the next two hours then I'll leave for my shift at the restaurant." With a mischievous grin, he exhales another plum of smoke, this time directing it straight to my face. In mock annoyance, I playfully swat his arm and he winces. "I don't want to stay here all bored. Think of something fun we can do."

Checking my watch, it's five minutes to the music club meeting. "You can come listen to me sing." I suggest, hoping he agrees and accompanies me. He loves listening to me sing.

"I love listening to you sing." Lucas blows out the smoke, holding the joint between his fingers. "Do you want me to come listen to you sing?" He asks and I stare at him blankly. Of course I want him to come listen to me sing and he knows it already.

Ignoring his annoying ass, I unzip my bag taking out a bar of dark chocolate, unwrapping it and biting a piece delightfully. I eat it happily, Lucas still smoking next to me, the ember glowing softly. Once he's done, he takes a sip of water, his eyes lingering on my chocolate, a hint of desire flickering in them. "No, I'm not sharing my chocolate with you."

"Only a piece, don't be selfish." He says softly but I ignore his plea, rising from the bench and making my way to the door. He gets up following me closely behind, his eyes still on the tantalizing chocolate in my hand. Taking more steps away from him, my back hits the door as he gets to me, resting both hands on the door on either side of me, caging me in. "Okay give me another chocolate if you don't want to share this one you're eating with me."