23. I CARE ABOUT YOU.

🦋MIA🦋

One week later.

Exams are finally over and all students are ecstatic to go back home for Christmas. There's a giant freshly cut christmas tree infront of the administration block flashing and flickering with dazzling lights of beautiful white glittery and shiny decorations, melodious songs and jingle bells sounding in the far distant. We're all living in the christmas spirits now. Ava walks me out of her room as I leave the dorm unlocking my bicycle once we're outside, the pine resin sweet smell of the christmas tree wafting in the air. "I'm going back home tomorrow morning. The break is three weeks before we come back for the second semester. I'm definitely going to miss you and seeing you coming late to class." She laughs at me and I roll my eyes at her. It's like I'm only known for being tardy.

"Next semester I'll be the first to arrive in class, you just wait and see. I'm going to miss you too, promise me that you'll be calling me. I'll call you as well." We hug each other tightly as we hold back the tears threatening to spill for no reason. Ava is one of the few closest friends I've made here in campus. Our bond has grown steadily over shared experiences, late night study sessions and countless conversations about our lives and dreams.

"I promise, take care of yourself." We let go of each other, stepping back and eyes glistening with unshed tears. We exchange one last smile and I climb on the bicycle as she heads back to her room. "Say hello to Lucas for me!" She shouts waving at me. The both of us have spent a lot of time with Lucas these past weeks because he was assisting us in exam revision. He also remembers her from high school since they studied together.

With my helmet on I ride my bike back to the apartment as the soothing breeze caresses my skin. Inhaling deeply the fresh air, I smile to myself at the tranquility around me that fills my soul. Then I notice a motorcycle riding right next to me. With the black custom helmet, I already know who it is since I informed him earlier where exactly to meet me. Reaching the apartment building Lucas climbs off his motorcycle as I do the same with my bike. He takes off his helmet running his fingers through his now tousled hair while smiling at me, his cute deep dimples deepening. His smiles is infectious and one that lights up his entire face and room.

He is so strikingly handsome.

"It's cold out here. You should wear something warm instead of that." His deep voice is smooth and velvety as he points at the baggy denim jacket I have on.

"I don't have many trench coats and jackets like you." I shrug adjusting the jacket and hugging myself.

"I have them because I ride a motorcycle most of the time. My dad is the one who bought almost all of them anyway." He gazes at me before slipping off his white long coat draping it on my shoulders. "Put this on." With his cool intoxicating body scent all over the coat, it smells nice.

He carries my bike and we take the stairs to the apartment skipping the elevator this time. I keep it safely in the study room before taking a shower and slipping on a white oversized graphic tshirt, pulling my hair to a bun before joining Lucas downstairs finding him in the kitchen with a can of Coke in hand. I grab an apple from the fruit basket washing it in the sink and taking a bite as he gazes at me. Then he closes the gap between us and takes a bite of the apple that's still in my hand, his eyes not leaving mine.

"My favourite fruit is apple and you know that. So when you eat it infront of me, then you are clearly tempting me to take a bite." He grabs my arm pulling me much closer, taking a second bite and holding my hand tightly this time, not letting go. I look up at him, getting lost in our closeness and touch.

There's something about Lucas that makes me feel safe, warm and comforted. We know everything about each other, from our weaknesses, strengths to flaws. We accept each other's mess and it's amazing. When we're together, everything is okay.