10. WE MET BY CHANCE AND BECAME FRIENDS BY CHOICE.

LUCAS.

After slipping on a pair of white sweatpants since it's the closest clothing I could find I jog back downstairs eager to join Mia in the kitchen. Entering the kitchen, I find her still seated on the stool by the kitchen counter, a smile adorning her pretty face. Her eyes sparkle with delight as she savours each mouthful of the delectable dish. Steam rises from the plate, carrying with it the tantalizing scent of the perfectly blended herbs and spices. Her appreciation for the meal isn't just for the flavours alone, Mia eyes light up with joy as she admires how I presented the dish to her. The lasagna seats elegantly on the plate, its golden brown cheese slightly bubbling and oozing over the sides. The vibrant red of the tomato sauce peeks through the gaps in the layers, promising a burst of flavours in every bite. She already finished her first serving, her hunger still insatiable and I added another generous portion of the mouths lasagna onto her plate. Mia's huge appetite is a testament to her love for good food.

"Is this comfortable enough for you?" I ask, pointing at the white sweatpants I'm wearing. I'm still shirtless though, because I didn't bother putting on a tshirt.

Mia looks up from her lasagna with a smile. "Yes it's comfortable, they suit you just fine." She says, her eyes twinkling. "But I have to say, you look better even without a shirt."

One of the things I've noticed about Mia is that she's a shy woman and I find it cute and adorable. Her features are regal and proud as well, drawing the eyes of all those around her. She has this distinct aura that makes her enchanting. Her porcelain skin, flawless and radiant, glows with an inner light. Silky strands of hair cascade down her shoulders framing her face like a delicate veil. Her eyes, like pools of liquid warmth, reflect the world around her and reveal the gentle soul that resides within. When she smiles, it's a fucking sight to behold. A gentle smile that reaches her eyes and has the power to brighten even the darkest corners of a room. "You should smile more, you have a pretty smile." My statement makes her let out a pleased sigh.

I guess she's used to getting overwhelming compliments all the time considering her huge and successful modelling career.

"You have a cute smile too." Mia says to me. "When you smile, the dimple on your left cheek shows. It's cute."

"That's a lie, I don't have a dimple." I deny it even though I'm aware of having one. Quincy is always making fun of me and poking it to annoy me.

"You do. Right there." Mia points at it as we laugh. "Your smile lights up your face. In fact, it lights up the room, honestly. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

What is this crazy girl talking about now?

"You're a shy man." Her words catch me off guard and a faint blush creeps up my cheeks. "Do you want to know something?" She asks and I nod wondering what she wants to tell me this time. "You're different when you're not staring someone down like you want to kill them. You talk alot and it's not boring at all to be around you. I can listen to you talk for hours, all day actually. Your presence makes the situations better for me and no matter what I'm stressing over or upset about, you help me through it and I think that's beautiful. We've only known each other for a few weeks yet I've already realized how much of an amazing, caring and giving man you are. Honestly you're a blessing to the people lucky to have you in their lives. You're rare and one of a kind."

I've always been known for my serious demeanor, often lost in my own thoughts and asserting my presence with an intense gaze. But here's Mia, teasing me playfully and it's as if she has discovered a hidden side of me that I rarely show to anyone else.

I turn my gaze away from her, grinning sheepishly not quite sure how to respond to her observation. It's true that around her, my guard comes down naturally. I don't feel the need to put on a stoic facade or project an aura of intensity. Instead, I find myself opening up, letting my words flow freely and engaging in conversations that I would have otherwise avoided.