33. DAD, MIA IS DRIVING ME CRAZY AND I LOVE IT.

🦋MIA🦋

A soft slap lands on my cheek, abruptly jolting me from the depths of sleep and I push the hand away only for it to return for another slap, landing gently on my face once more. I groan in frustration, a mixture of annoyance and confusion washing over me. Slowly, I pry my eyes open, struggling to adjust to the light filtering through the room. I find someone peering back at me with big, bright blue eyes, her gaze locked onto mine. Her intense stare catches me off guard and I scream, only for her to scream too, her body recoiling as she quickly moves away from me. Squinting my eyes, I notice it's Quincy, Lucas's sister. She has a peculiar way of waking people from their slumber, by slapping them softly on the cheek.

"Good morning. You're lazy." She points towards the bathroom door, handing me a new toothbrush. "Lucas wants you to go and shower. Make sure you brush your teeth well too, hygiene comes first."

I chuckle taking the toothbrush from her hand and feeling its bristles against my fingertips as I get out of bed. Lucas's plush silk sheets draped over the bed and cozy duvets are incredibly inviting, making it difficult for me to leave their embrace. His familiar and intoxicating scent that's all over the bed is also addictive, I just wanted to stay surrounded by it. "Good morning Quincy. I'm not lazy, I just love my sleep."

"That's what lazy people say." She shrugs as I glance at the white tshirt, high waist denim shorts with white sneakers and denim cap she has on. Her long silky hair is also styled perfectly, each strand perfectly in place as it cascades down her shoulders. I smile to myself noticing how much she resembles her brother, especially the big blue bright eyes that have so much light and life in them, captivating anyone who looks into them.

The door opens and Lucas walks in with sunglasses in hand, Quincy taking them from him and putting them on before looking up at her brother. "How do I look?"

"You look cute and amazing." He smiles at her and she smiles back adoringly. "Don't give dad a hard time at the mall today. He already told me how cheeky you are."

"I never give dad a hard time at the mall. Okay, only a little bit but I stopped." Quincy frowns and Lucas pinches her cheek playfully, eliciting a small giggle from her and straightening her denim cap for her, making sure it sits just right on her head. He gets down on one knee and ties her shoelaces properly for her, fastening them. "Your friend is pretty." She says to her brother while gazing at me.

"She really is." Lucas reaches into his wallet, retrieving some money and carefully placing it inside Quincy's small Mickey Mouse coin purse. "If dad runs out of money, give him these."

"Okay." She hugs him and skips adorably out of the room.

Lucas sits on the couch scrolling through his phone as I make the bed. "You and Quincy have a cute relationship and strong bond. It's admirable."

"Yes, we do have a special bond. Quincy is not just my sister, she's my bestfriend, my confidante and my partner in crime. I'm capable of doing anything to make sure she's okay and has everything she needs. She's my only sister who has a piece of my heart and I love her so much, more than words can express."

I enter the bathroom, enjoying a refreshing shower and taking the time to brush my teeth. With the towel wrapped around my body and another one around my hair I step out of the bathroom finding Lucas still sitting on the couch, engrossed in his phone. I don't have anything to wear since my dress is still wet and hasn't been washed yet. "I have nothing to wear," I mumble awkwardly, feeling a bit self conscious about my predicament and he tears his gaze away from the phone and looks at me.

"I already did laundry, so your dress is clean," he points at my dress that's neatly folded on the couch next to him.

"I can't wear the same outfit twice in a row." I mutter and Lucas stares at me in disbelief, my statement catching him off guard and his stare lingering on me. In truth, I've become accustomed to a lifestyle where wearing the same clothes in a row or repeatedly is simply not part of the equation. Whether it's due to my own desire for novelty or the influence of my personal stylists, there's always been a constant influx of new garments to choose from.