15. I DON'T BELIEVE IN LOVE.

🐺LUCAS🐺

As I slip my white trench coat back on, the fabric glides smoothly against my fingertips, its texture cool and crisp. The coat drapes over my shoulders, the weight of it settling comfortably across my back. I straighten the sleeves, tugging them gently to align precisely with my wrists. Our lectures for the day have drawn to an end and we're in the mood to relax for a while before leaving for our part time jobs. I always make sure to wear a jacket or trench coat whenever I'm riding my motorcycle or else my dad will chew my head off.

As we stroll down the bustling corridors full of students leaving campus to go back home, amidst the sea of faces, two figures stand out effortlessly, drawing the attention of everyone around. It's none other than Tommy and Vin, the two inseparable bestfriends who have quickly become the talk of the campus. They've only been in this campus for a month and are already amongst the most popular students. They both hail from wealthy families and their privileged upbringing is evident in their every move. From driving sports cars, coming to campus in private helicopters and adorning designer outfits, those are just but a few of what their lifestyles entails. Right now they're wearing matching green and red designer jackets as they laugh and shout loudly, their voices echoing through the corridors and drawing the attention of other students. Its a rare sight to spot one without the other, as if they're two halves of a whole. If you see one without the other then the other is close by.

Jakoda checks his phone and scoffs putting it back in his pocket. "I can't wait to get done with my night shift so I can go get some." He states and we laugh already knowing what he's talking about. "The girl I hooked up with last night thought that there was going to be more than just sex between us but I made it clear to her that I'm not interested in relationships bullshit. It's a waste of time and emotions. I hit it and leave."

"Your mindset on relationships is fucked up. Shup up!" Malin tells him in irritation, pushing him against the lockers with force and he slams his shoulder, groaning in pain. I choose to remain silent because I don't know much about relationships. If I say something, Jakoda and I are going to end up arguing and I don't want to waste my time and energy on that. "Just don't fuck her in my car because if you do, I'll kill you both." Malin makes sure to warn Jakoda who laughs obnoxiously, rubbing his hands together and his eyes glimmering in mischief. He doesn't own a car and always borrows one whenever he's going out.

Passing by the doors along the hallways, a familiar soothing voice reaches my ears, catching my attention and stopping me in my tracks, a melodious sonnet sounding. Caught in the spell of the voice, I find myself rooted on the spot, unable to resist its allure. "What's wrong with your weird ass now?" Tk asks in confusion as I stare at the door still hearing the sweet voice from inside. It's as if the voice itself holds a hidden key, unlocking emotions that have long slumbered within me.

Cause when I'm with you, your secrets are safe with me
You don't have to question it baby
Cause when I see you, the pain just learns to fade away
You're the one to make me feel safe
That's the love I got for you babe
You
My eyes on you

Mia

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up." I tell my friends before opening the door and entering, noticing it's the music club room.

Mia continues singing with the other members having not seen me. She is really enjoying herself, smiling constantly and dancing around.

The rest of the members are listening to her euphoric and hypnotizing voice, others joyfully singing along to the sweet song. When Mia sings, you find yourself listening to her. In her voice you can feel all her emotions that she wants to convey. From freedom, happiness, boldness to badass sophistication. It's beyond intriguing how unique her voice is. It's an angel singing.