20. JUST WING IT

🦋MIA🦋

I open the door and Lucas enters, closing it behind him only to halt in his steps trailing his mesmerizing eyes on every contour of my figure adorned in a black off shoulder lace bodycon dress with floral ankle strap heels. The lace delicately embraces my shoulders, adding a touch of sensuality to the outfit. The off shoulder neckline is gracefully exposing my collarbone, adding a subtle hint of vulnerability and charm. The vibrant floral pattern on the slender ankle strap heels is effortlessly complemented the elegance of the dress. Lucas's deep voice breaks the silence. "My entire world is flipping right now," he utters, his words dripping with admiration. His gaze remains sorely on me, his eyes piercing like magnets, unable to look away. "Mia, you're uh, you're beautiful." He finally manages to say, the words escaping his mouth in a breathless whisper. We're having group presentations today for the assignments we were given and I want to look formal and elegant.

As I shyly smile, I find myself getting lost in his gorgeous eyes once again, a mesmerizing blend of deep ocean blue and hints of emerald green, drawing me in with their intensity and warmth. It's not only his world that has flipped at this moment but mine too. "You look like the CEO of a successful and prestigious company." He adds and with a tender touch, delicately adjusts the sleeve of my dress for me, his cold fingers grazing my skin and a delightful shiver runs down my spine.

"You look amazing too." He's wearing an all black ensemble of a simple yet tasteful t-shirt fitting him perfectly and slim fit jeans hugging his long legs and accentuating his height and athletic build. Over his t-shirt, he's wearing a leather jacket that fits him snugly, further emphasising his masculine figure. Completing the outfit is a pair of balmoral boots elevating his overall look.

Under his intense gaze, I can feel a blush creeping up my cheeks as I adjust my glasses. Our gazes break away from each other at the same time and a shared fond smile dances on our lips. Lucas opens the fridge door with a gentle pull, the cool air escaping and brushing against our faces as he takes out a glass bottle of milk. He pours the milk into two glasses, the gentle sound of liquid cascading fills the air, adding a soothing melody to the morning stillness. I prepared scrambled eggs and crispy bacon for breakfast today, I'm only unsure if they tastes good.

Picking a plate, I serve him the delicacies, scrambled eggs, fluffy and golden sitting beside a mound of crispy bacon, each strip glistening with an inviting glaze. He tastes them as I wait anxiously to know how they tastes. He's always honest with me unlike my friends who lie sometimes to please me so they don't hurt my feelings. I watch in anticipation as he takes a first bite of the scrambled eggs. His taste buds come alive, savouring the blend of creamy texture and subtle seasoning that melds with the fluffy eggs. The flavours dance on his palate and a smile forms on his lips. "The scrambled eggs is delicious." Lucas states and sigh in relief that my efforts have paid off.

With the scrambled eggs thoroughly enjoyed, Lucas turns his attention to the bacon. As he takes the first bite, he pauses, his discerning taste buds detecting a slightly charred flavour as a smoky aroma wafts in the air. "The bacon is abit burnt, probably because you cooked at high heat." He points out, which is true because I did cook it at high heat. "Next time start on a low heat and increase it as it starts cooking. I'm sure it'll come out good."

"Yes my handsome chef." Patting him on the chest softly, I serve him another plate of scrambled eggs since he loves it. The eggs are fluffy and light, cooked to perfection with a medley of herbs and spices. "I'm abit nervous about the presentation today." Even though I'm used to being in the spotlight from my years as a successful model, I still get nervous sometimes.

"Just wing it and believe in yourself. You'll be fine." Lucas advices me in confidence. "Don't go into too much detail because you'll lose everyone's attention and focus. Keep your explanations short and be audible enough so they can all hear you well."