CHAPTER 47. ROAD TO HELL

CHAPTER 47. Road to Hell

THIRD PERSON POV

After the call with Trevor‘s Noona, he shook his head in annoyance because of the news she relayed to him.

Apparently, his Mom and his older sister is already on their way to Tenebrés and he was a little annoyed because they didn‘t tell him sooner, but he couldn‘t be mad because she said that they wanted to surprise him.

Surprise my ass. I should‘ve just visited Lili in their house. Tsk.

He was already almost halfway to his destination but he decided to go back in Tenebrés. He was calling Khali as he promised but there was no answer from her.

Tulog na siguro si Lili?

He called Iron to check on something, asking for news about Shadow or their UGA affiliations. Because somehow, he feels something strange; he feels like Shadow will never appear tomorrow like what Saber predicted.

I don‘t think Shadow was that easy...

A few hours later, he then received a call that Shadow appeared just now. Luckily, he‘s about near the vicinity of Tenebrés that moment, he stepped on it and rushed to the UGA at full speed.

If I capture Shadow now, everything will be okay... hopefully...

Lili...

*♤♡*

The King tightened his hold on Shadow‘s neck and was planning to grasp on her until she loses consciousness. By that, it would be much easier to capture her. Shadow know what he was trying to do but she ran out of ways to get away from his arm after refusing to stab him using the last weapon she had.

She helplessly struggled. She felt weak because of the sudden occurence. He never treated her this way, he was always gentle towards her.

“Shadow!” Nami screamed.

Trevor always treated Khali with so much care, and Khali was utterly disheartened for having to experience this kind of treatment from him... just because she is Shadow.

What if he found out right now that I am Khali Vernon?

Will I never see him again after this, as Khali Vernon?

What if his feelings change because he found out that I am Shadow?

Masyado man siyang nasasaktan ngayon, hindi ibig sabihin nun ay susuko na siya dito. Hinding-hindi siya magpapahuli... hindi sa kaniya. 

Hindi pwede...

I can‘t afford to be caught. Not by him.

Dahil alam niya, pagkatapos nito, babalik rin ang lahat sa dati hindi ba? Pero kapag nahuli siya dito... maaaring ito na ang katapusan. And she couldn‘t afford to let that happen.

Nagpupumiglas ito. Buong lakas niyang siniko si King kahit na nahihirapan siya. Hindi niya ininda ang matinding sakit sa kaniyang braso at leeg. As if she already lost the sense of pain.

Bigla nalang may malakas na bumangga sa kanila dahilan para tumilapon sila at makawala siya sa hawak nito. Mabilis na tumayo si Shadow ngunit agad rin siya napaluhod dahil sa panghihina. Hinabol niya ang kaniyang hininga.

“Shadow! Are you okay?!” Mabilis na nilapitan ni Kenji ang kaniyang pinuno at nag-aalalang tinanong ito.

Samantalang si Kenzo naman ay sinugod kaagad ang Hari. Parang nabato sa kinatatayuan ni Shadow habang pinapanood si Kenzo at King na naglalaban. Sumunod naman si Kenneth upang tuluyan itong mailayo kay Shadow. Pinagtulungan nila ito upang masiguro na mapapatumba talaga nila siya. Mabilis ang mga pangyayari.