CHAPTER 74. OUT OF THE BLUE

CHAPTER 74. Out of the blue

THIRD PERSON POV

Khali swallowed the lump in her throat. She came out of Trevor‘s room after a couple of minutes staring at nowhere. She heard two angry voices, arguing... as she passes by Kevin‘s room.

“You still haven‘t told me about Thea!”

“I‘ve been fcking waiting like crazy, Kevin! I‘ve been fcking waiting to hear it directly from you because I trust you!” Kianna paused, Khali heard sobs. She burst out into tears.

“Am I really right about trusting you? Huh?!”

“This isn‘t about that!” Kevin replied.

“Aren‘t we talking about trust?! You‘re doubting me because of a simple friendly chat! You don‘t how I‘ve been feeling since I found out about Thea!”

Khali can hear them from her room. Humiga ito sa kaniyang kama. Nagtalukbong ng kumot saka pumikit. She can still hear them arguing. About Kevin‘s past mistakes this time...

They were loud, but it seems like they couldn‘t hear each other anyhow.

“Let‘s just break up!” Kianna said.

Maging si Khali ay nagulat. Napamulat ito.

Something just hit her.

Are we also breaking up?

Did we already break up?

No.

I don‘t want that...

Dinampot nito kaagad ang phone niya at nag-isip-isip kung tatawagan ba niya si Trevor...

Then she suddenly realized... she broke his phone earlier.

Bumaba ito upang i-check kung nandun lang siya sa baba. But he was nowhere. Wala rin ang kotse niya kaya marahil ay umalis talaga siya...

She went back to his room. He wasn‘t there, of course.

Alam niyang para siyang tanga na makikipag-away tapos makikipagbati rin naman, pero hindi ito makatulog habang alam niya na magkagalit sila.

She was at fault. She should‘ve just said sorry and explained instead of arguing with him.

Bakit ba hindi niya magawang magpakumbaba kahit na minsan? Samantalang si Trevor ay nagso-sorry kahit na walang kasalanan.

She shallowed her pride before she came here, before she decided to apologize... it was hard but she knew it will be harder without him.

Umupo ito sa tabi ng pintuan ng kwarto niya. Sumandal ito sa dingding. Huminga ito ng malalim dahil paulit-ulit na pumapasok sa isip niya ang mga sinabi nila sa isa‘t isa kanina. Para itong sinasaksak sa puso sa tuwing naaalala niya ang mga tagpo.

She wasn‘t this stupid. She doesn‘t know what‘s wrong with her.

“Trev...” she muttered.

She hugged her knees and burried her face in regret. She shouldn‘t have said that. Ngayon ni hindi niya alam kung nasaan siya.

She felt cold. She felt scared. What if he doesn‘t come back?

“What are you doing there?”

Kangaroo!

She quickly lifted his head up to see him. She stared more and scanned him making sure that she wasn‘t dreaming or something.

He was really there. Leaning against the wall sideways, crossed-arms while watching her with those intense eyes.