CHAPTER 61. THE DARK SIDE

CHAPTER 61. The Dark Side

KEVIN‘S POV

They said it was just a simple celebration. Ganito ba ‘yung simple? So, paano na kung magarbo? Mas magarbo pa dito? Whoa... Well, that‘s Yamada for you...

It would be nice if I could enjoy this grand party. Pero dahil sa mga kasama ko dito hindi ako mapakali. I need to put on an act, smile and behave as they wish. It‘s suffocating.

I gave Mom a dry look when she called me. Lumapit ako kahit labag sa loob ko. Hinayaan kong kumapit si Thea sa braso ko kahit na labag sa loob ko.

“It‘s been awhile, Kevin!” masiglang wika ng uncle ni Thea. Kapatid ng Daddy niya.

I greeted him back like the usual. Nangamusta, nagtanong ng kung ano tungkol sa business and school. I answered with a smile, as usual. I laughed when they laugh.

It would be nice kung si Kianna ‘yung kasama ko sa party na ‘to. Mabuti nalang talaga kasama ko si Trevor. Teka, nasaan na ba—Ayun. Gago kinabahan ako. Akala ko iniwan ako. I have to stick with him! At least, kapag kasama ko siya nananahimik lang ‘yung nanay kong diktador.

“Dude, isama mo ako kung uuwi ka na.” sabi ko.

He took a deep sigh and remained silent. Napailing nalang ako. He‘s wearing his straight face and his confident stance as usual but it seems like he‘s also done with these greetings and instant interviews from their acquaintances and people who wants to be an acquaintance. Moreover, I know he‘s got bigger problem that he‘s thinking about right now.

“Let‘s get some champagne there!” anas ko sa kaniya. Para naman kahit papaano magkaroon kami ng break pansamantala.

Inakbayan ko siya at hinila papunta sa table kung saan ko nakita ‘yung mga drinks kanina. Buti nalang hindi na sumunod si Thea.

I‘m hoping that one day, I could tell Kianna about it already. I‘m dying day by day knowing that I‘m lying to her...

Natigilan kaming dalawa ni Trevor nang mapansin na palakad siya direksiyong ito... sino pa ba... Shūichi Yamada, the star of this event.

Hinintay namin siyang makadaan kaso biglang tumigil sa tapat namin. Both I and Trevor greeted him with a bow to show respect, as usual.

“I‘m glad you came, Trevor Ace.” he said with his deep voice.

“No, I should thank you for having me.” Trev replied, confident and unwavering.

Whoa... that‘s Trevor Ace Kang for you. I couldn‘t even look at him straight, to be honest. One thing I‘ve been feeling since I saw him approaching our direction... intimidation.

He‘s an awesome man, after all. I heard, he took over their family business when he was just 18 years old. After his Dad, the former CEO, died in that huge incident—the Yamada Family Assassination that killed most of their family members, mostly the elders.

Yamada Family, are known as the most wealthy and influential family in the whole Asia. The owner of Yamada Group, one of the largest group of companies in the world. The family members are all intelligent and talented in their own ways, blessed with wealth and power. They are admired and looked up to by many people.