Chapter 11 {The realisation}

The truth can't be hidden for long...

(March 3rd)

Aziel's pov:

I clicked off the email and log off from my laptop. I grabbed my phone, looking for new messages from my clients or anything mafia related. The door opened and I looked up. Adam walked in, looking exhausted.

He plopped on the chair in front of my desk.

"What's up?" He asked.

"The roof," I replied earning an eye roll from him.

"Any pending work for the mafia?" He inquired and I shook my head no.

"We completed everything and now we are free," I told him and he sigh in relief.

"Thank god,"

It's been a whole month since the deal marriage and most of the time I was here, dealing with a problem in our Mafia. My body was exhausted from all the fights and sleepless nights; I had to come up with new attacking strategies.

There was a knock before the door opened and Carter came in, handing Adam a paper.

"What's that?" I inquired.

"A restriction for my credit card." He replied and I instantly understood what he meant. Alicia was spending a lot making Adam go insane.

Speaking of credit cards, how come I didn't get an update from the bank? How much money did she use?

"Carter, is there some updates for me?" I questioned and he shook his head no.

"It's the same as it was last month." He replied.

So she didn't spend any money?

"Ok, well I'm going home," I said as I stood up.

"See you,"

I walked out to my car. I didn't care about my office being left unlocked because I know Carter or Adam will lock it before they leave. They each have a spare key for my office.

I sat down and the driver drove me home.

I walked inside and my eyes landed on Thalia who was busy cooking.

"Good afternoon," I greeted her, gaining her attention.

"Good afternoon Aziel," she greeted me back before going back to work. I looked around trying to find where Catalaiya was. She usually hangs out with Thalia but today she wasn't here.

Some nights, I found her near the pool reading a book and I couldn't go swimming since I didn't want her to see me letting off some steam.

"Looking for something?" Thalia asked and I looked at her.

"Where is she?" I instantly asked.

"She's not home." She answered briefly.

Oh, so today was the day she finally decided to go shopping...

I turned to leave silently when my eyes landed on my credit card on the dining table. It was at the same spot.

"What's that doing here?" I asked confused.

"It's been there since you slap it on the table," Thalia replied.

Why?

"Why didn't she take it with her?" I asked.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Why would she take it with her?"

"To spend money and do a lot of shopping?" I suggested two reasons.

She sighed, "Ok that's enough. We need to talk."

She turned off the stove before giving me her full attention. She might be the maid here but I have always treated her like family. Whenever she told me off about something, I never minded because almost every time she's right.

"Why do you think that she's after your money?" She asked.

"Because I know her father and he's a greedy man."

"Do you think she's a gold digger? That she's here for your money and your house?" She inquired and I nodded.

"I think so," I stated.

"Well, you are wrong." She stated making me frown.

"I spent a month with her and this sweet girl is everything but a gold digger." She says proudly.

"What if this is all a charade?" I insisted.

She crossed her arms on her chest, "Do a gold digger help their maid in the kitchen because she's bored? Does she buy hundred of dollars of fish to fill an empty pond that her driver made, with her own money? Does she help to cook dinner and wash the dishes every night? Does she ask to be accompanied during any meal because she doesn't want to eat alone? Does she say thank you whenever she feels grateful or apologised whenever she feels like she's wrong?"

She did what?

"She bought fishes for the backyard pond," I repeated and she nodded.

"With her own money." She added.

"Where is she right now?" I inquired cautiously.

"It's been a whole month that she has been working from home... Today is her first day back at her office." Thalia added.

She has an office?

"When will she be back?" I found myself asking.

"I don't know. This morning she told me that she might come late." Thalia replied.

So, this whole time I was wrong about her.

"She also moved from your room," Thalia said, making me look at her.

"When?"

"Three weeks ago,"

I was taken aback by that. I did sleep in my room, how come I never notice that she wasn't on the bed beside me?

"I have some work to do, I'll be back."

----

I knocked on the door waiting for someone to open it. Right now, Carter, Adam and I were in front of Leo's house. When I left my house, I called Carter and told him to find Leo's address.

He was the only one who can answer my questions.

Carter redid some research to find out about her office and I was surprised when I learned that she was almost as wealthy as me.

She doesn't want or need any money...

The door opens and a woman, holding a baby, stood there looking at us alarmed. Who wouldn't be? Three suited men, who looked scary knocking on your door...

"Yes?"

"Hi, we are here to talk to Leo." I said and she nodded.

"Leo!" She called out, stepping away from the door. We walked in and she walked us to the living room. We sat down, waiting for Leo.

"Yes honey-" he stopped when his eyes landed on us.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah